Cabin Assignments

Hi All,

Hope you can help.

We are booked on a 14 night TUI Discovery cruise next Feb (2 x 7 nights).

I rang the number quoted on my email confirmation in an attempt to secure an aft balcony. Appreciate that it was a shot in the dark, but as the cruise was nearly 10 months away, I thought I might be in with a chance...No such luck of course.

During my conversation with the lady on the other end of the phone, it transpired that there was only one cabin that I could have chosen anyway, i.e. one that was available for both legs of the cruise. I decided, therefore, to not part with £45 to get a cabin with a location that didn't particularly strike me as exceptional.

This brought to mind a review of Discovery where the reviewer mentioned that they had two cabins during their cruise (I don't remember them offering much more info than that - of course they could have asked for a move or specifically booked 2 cabins?) and it got me to thinking; do Thomson ensure, if you book what is effectively B2B cruises, that you remain in the same cabin? I'd hate to have to unpack/pack twice on one holiday.

Thanks in advance,

Gary.

Hi All,

Hope you can help.

We are booked on a 14 night TUI Discovery cruise next Feb (2 x 7 nights).

I rang the number quoted on my email confirmation in an attempt to secure an aft balcony. Appreciate that it was a shot in the dark, but as the cruise was nearly 10 months away, I thought I might be in with a chance...No such luck of course.

During my conversation with the lady on the other end of the phone, it transpired that there was only one cabin that I could have chosen anyway, i.e. one that was available for both legs of the cruise. I decided, therefore, to not part with £45 to get a cabin with a location that didn't particularly strike me as exceptional.

This brought to mind a review of Discovery where the reviewer mentioned that they had two cabins during their cruise (I don't remember them offering much more info than that - of course they could have asked for a move or specifically booked 2 cabins?) and it got me to thinking; do Thomson ensure, if you book what is effectively B2B cruises, that you remain in the same cabin? I'd hate to have to unpack/pack twice on one holiday.

Thanks in advance,

Gary.

I would expect you would be OK on a fortnights booking.

However, we are doing B2B on Sunday and, as we have to go 'cabin only', this had to be booked as 2 separate weeks due to Thomsons wonderful computer system not being able to cope with a 14 night booking that didn't include flights! We were told that we would have to pre-book a cabin if we wanted to guarantee not to have to move at the end of the first week - at first they charged us 45 Pounds per week but eventually knocked off the second 45 as we argued we would only have to pay once to reserve a cabin on a 'normal' 2 week booking.

Woe betide Thomson if we are informed next week that we have to move!!!

I would think you would be allocated the cabin for the full fortnight - can't see you being asked to move.

We recently moved in the middle of our second week but that was due to cabin noise so we did have two cabins and that was our choice.

Hi GazW we have had many cruises with Thomson and never encountered this. We also go in Feb and booked our aft js in Jan but there are only two rears available for double occupancy so we chose the center, but as you say they do go quickly. We also have booked aft portside for Sep this year as CC posters have indicated that's the quieter end but obviously it will be too late to change if I find different 😏. We go on the 18th. Hope this helps😁

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your replies. My mind is at rest.

Campolady - I certainly hope they don't move you.

Katomerikaf - I think that it actually was your review that I mentioned :)

Pensioncruiser - might see you out and about on Tropical Delights.

Thank you all again.

Gary