MSC Sinfonia

Johnchene

.my wife and I are travelling on The Sinfonia for the first time. Mixed reviews...we do know that it is a very reasonable price so we don't expect top end treatment , but does anybody have any tips about this ship/ Line? Is it easy to board in Venice ? Is the dining experience ok? Any info would be much appreciated

.my wife and I are travelling on The Sinfonia for the first time. Mixed reviews...we do know that it is a very reasonable price so we don't expect top end treatment , but does anybody have any tips about this ship/ Line? Is it easy to board in Venice ? Is the dining experience ok? Any info would be much appreciated

It is very easy to board ate Venice

there are a variety of options for a transfer from the airport,

the easiest is a taxi ~ 60 euros

there are also buses

if you have plenty of time to kill the water bus, 400 yds from the airport along a mostly covered walkway, takes you on a scenic tour of Venice

The most glamourous option but not ridiculously expensive is a water taxi, again from the same place as the water bus.

if you go by bus you will need to catch the people mover which is next to the bus station.

here is a link o a review of mine which gives a more detailed explanation of the transfer from the airport to the cruise terminal

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=274&t=4191

here are some other threads which are about embarkation in Venice

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1801709&highlight=people+mover

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1908656&highlight=people+mover

hope this is useful to you

Hi. We sailed on Sinfonia last September. She would be the smallest ship we have sailed on. Crew were very nice and we felt the food was better than other MSC ships we sailed on (Preziosa, Divina). Wife thought all the fish dishes were oversalted though. Ship is in good condition. Enjoyed the itinerary, Split, Santorini, Dubrovnik and Ancona were lovely. Mykonos was a joke stop and many people did not enjoy their excursion. Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for the info... It sounds good....certainly can't beat the price ...was it ok for embarkation in Venice?

Venice was OK. Check in and security quick enough but a lot of sitting around waiting to board. Worth it though! Great cruise! Enjoy!