Low Low RCCL cruise prices

We just booked 2 RCCL cruises for 2018 .One is a 9 night ABC island deep Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator of the Seas & saved over $1200 on a stern balcony cabin vs a similar Celebrity cruise . Then booked a 7 night Western Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas ,at a fantaxtic low pricwe for a balcony cabin deck 9 .:D

RCCL os still giving the 30% off special pricing & as Elite + ,we go to RCCL & get the Diamond balcony discounts of $225 each cruise:)

Well worth comparing cruise line to cruise line itineraries m to save lots of monies:)

You've been posting for months that you only want to sail San Diego/LA-based West Coast cruises due to the hassle and cost of cross-country flying. Curious to know what changed your mind?

Ok? This boards for Celebrity, we are all well aware of prices.

Should I go to the Azamara board and tell them I booked a few celebrity cruises cheaper than they are on comparable itineraries? Yeah, I don't think so.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Apples and oranges !!!!

RCCL is a great cruise line. We cruised with them first and then switched to Celebrity. Most of the RCCL ships are spectacular, no doubt. However, we are willing to pay more for less spectacular but more quiet and laid back - and maybe a bit more sophisticated and "grown up".

I am sure most people feel the same and are fully aware and able to decide how much they are willing to pay for that little extra or just the different style. Otherwise there is always a cheaper cruise - not just on Royal.

We wanted to do a NZ cruise and then TransPacific cruise back to the USA next Spring, so I researched the available cruises for both cruises down under.

We are diamond on RCI since we are elite on Celebrity, so when Radiance of the Seas had an 11 day cruise for a little over half of Celebrity's 10 day NZ cruise we snapped that one up. With Celebrity, we could have picked the drinks package, but that benefit is of little value to us, since we don't drink alcohol until happy hour and we only drink wine with our dinner after happy hour. Then I priced the TP and Explorer of the Seas was 23 days, ending in Seattle. Price was better than Celebrity and Celebrity's cruise ended in Hawaii and was shorter.

As for size of the ships, Radiance is about the same size as the S class and Explorer is larger, but not one of the huge mega ships.

We shall see just how good RCI can be. We may be doing more RCI unless Celebrity lowers its prices or stops the bundling of prices.

I believe most readers of X's boards here know and understand that we are paying more than on other 'lines' and accept accordingly.

It is not an issue of bundling, 'cheaper', etc.. we know what we are getting, for the most part, and accept that we are willing to pay a higher price for what we consider to be a better overall product.

Deaf ears and blind eyes towards posts who attempt to gloat over such things. Most of us wish you a great travel experience on whichever line you choose.

In my opine, there is no need or requirement to post here on the X board about your experience or etc. on other lines, although it is it your right to use the bandwidth to do so. It is possible that these types of posts are best suited for the line on which one has chosen to sail on.

Many of us who sail X regularly are sophisticated enough to know and understand that there are other lines available who are 'cheaper', 'longer itineraries', different amenities (better or worse). We know how to comparison shop and decide what experience we want and when we want it, if ever. Many of us choose X for different reasons, and then there are those who do not for similar reasons.... We, my family, get and appreciate the value which X brings to the type of vacation we want.

bon voyage

We just booked 2 RCCL cruises for 2018 .One is a 9 night ABC island deep Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator of the Seas & saved over $1200 on a stern balcony cabin vs a similar Celebrity cruise . Then booked a 7 night Western Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas ,at a fantaxtic low pricwe for a balcony cabin deck 9 .:D

RCCL os still giving the 30% off special pricing & as Elite + ,we go to RCCL & get the Diamond balcony discounts of $225 each cruise:)

Well worth comparing cruise line to cruise line itineraries m to save lots of monies:)

Sounds like you got some great deals. Thanks for reminding us that it pays to shop around. Not everyone on these boards has tried every line or is aware of drastic price differences. Thank you and enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you got some great deals. Thanks for reminding us that it pays to shop around. Not everyone on these boards has tried every line or is aware of drastic price differences. Thank you and enjoy your trip!

:halo:

Good to know. Thanks for posting.

BTW, Ignore all the wannabe Mods around here. Post anything you like anywhere you like on these boards. If the REAL Mods want to move it they will. These wannabe's don't like anything negative said about their beloved St. X.;)

I believe most readers of X's boards here know and understand that we are paying more than on other 'lines' and accept accordingly.

It is not an issue of bundling, 'cheaper', etc.. we know what we are getting, for the most part, and accept that we are willing to pay a higher price for what we consider to be a better overall product.

Deaf ears and blind eyes towards posts who attempt to gloat over such things. Most of us wish you a great travel experience on whichever line you choose.

In my opine, there is no need or requirement to post here on the X board about your experience or etc. on other lines, although it is it your right to use the bandwidth to do so. It is possible that these types of posts are best suited for the line on which one has chosen to sail on.

Many of us who sail X regularly are sophisticated enough to know and understand that there are other lines available who are 'cheaper', 'longer itineraries', different amenities (better or worse). We know how to comparison shop and decide what experience we want and when we want it, if ever. Many of us choose X for different reasons, and then there are those who do not for similar reasons.... We, my family, get and appreciate the value which X brings to the type of vacation we want.

bon voyage

Bo,

We started cruising on NCL and then did an X cruise (it was a repo and inexpensive) . Since then we have done a total of 9 X cruises and 6 on NCL.

While we prefer X over NCL, there is a limit to how much more that we will pay for cruising with X. Five and six years ago, up until the last couple of years, X was generally only modestly more expensive than NCL. In some cases price difference was nil. Clearly, that has changed. We have an Eclipse TA booked for this October and the prices are pretty good. Also, there is not price bundling with drinks packages that we don't want. Still, when X's prices for competitors like NCL and RCI are 40-70 percent higher we will go elsewhere.

Good to know. Thanks for posting.

BTW, Ignore all the wannabe Mods around here. Post anything you like anywhere you like on these boards. If the REAL Mods want to move it they will. These wannabe's don't like anything negative said about their beloved St. X.;)

What's negative about saying apples are cheaper than oranges??? It's not negative but somewhat meaningless.

If you did not know before that RCCL generally offers cruises for less I am kind of surprised... and sorry for you!

As it seems like you did not know, you might also be unaware of the fact that we are talking about significantly different products here. And you might also not know that there are other and even cheaper lines out there... MSC, Costa, Carnival.

I for one would never even get the idea to tell a Celebrity cruiser to go on one of them just because they are cheaper... but then again, I am just one of your wannabes :rolleyes:

Edited by Miaminice

What's negative about saying apples are cheaper than oranges??? It's not negative but kind of meaningless.

If you did not know before that RCCL generally offers cruises for less I am kind of surprised... and sorry for you!

As it seems like you did not know, you might also be unaware of the fact that we are talking about significantly different products here. And you might also not know that there are other and even cheaper lines out there... MSC, Costa, Carnival.

I for one would never even get the idea to tell a Celebrity cruiser to go on one of them just because they are cheaper... but than again, I am just one of your wannabes ;p

Well I didn't know that THAT cruise in 2018 to the ABC islands on the Navigator of the Seas was $1200+ cheaper than the similar Celebrity cruise. So I thanked the OP for posting specific information that was valuable for me... and likely others. Sorry, I didn’t know this but I don’t spend my life pricing each and every cruise that Celebrity and ALL the other lines offer for each week of the year and for the next umpteenth years. If you do, I really feel sorry for you!!

And just in case I’m in error, and you know all of these prices by heart because you happen to be THE Omnipresent Being, sorry I forgot to pray to you on the weekend. I’ll do some penance this week.:D

BTW that line about me really feeling sorry for you was just a cheap turn of phrase. I don't give a rat's behind if you spend your life pricing each and every cruise that Celebrity and ALL the other lines offer for each week of the year and for the next umpteenth years. :)

Edited by DirtyDawg

If you do, I really feel sorryfor you!!

I don´t! I check for my cruise, decide wether I am willing to pay the price for the product offered or not and I book or I don´t.

However, I would never be surprised that a different product of the same mother company that is intended to be "a class below" Celebrity is actually offered for less. Same as I´d never call others, who are as little surprised about it as I am, "wannabes".

Don´t worry, you do not have to pray to me. You might think about that penance part, however... unless uncalled for insults are your daily routine.

I don´t! I check for my cruise, decide wether I am willing to pay the price for the product offered or not and I book or I don´t.

However, I would never be surprised that a different product of the same mother company that is intended to be "a class below" Celebrity is actually offered for less. Same as I´d never call others, who are as little surprised about it as I am, "wannabes".

Don´t worry, you do not have to pray to me. You might think about that penance part, however... unless uncalled for insults are your daily routine.

I did not point you out as a wannabe What I said was "BTW, Ignore all the wannabe Mods around here." Some of the others posters are Moderator wannabes who want to edit the subject of what the OP posts. You can debate the relative merits of each line all you want but some of the replys to the OP were;

."This boards for Celebrity, we are all well aware of prices."

"In my opine, there is no need or requirement to post here on the X board about your experience or etc. on other lines...."

i.e Moderator wannabes.

As for penance, let's go together. ;)

And all of the replies were correct and friendly...

no one called anybody else names before you did.

I do not have to be pointed out to understand that that is unnecessary and uncalled for.

Look at it from another perspective. If everybody would post every lower price of cruiseline A in the boards of B, C, D...

I would call that clutter.

Look at it from another perspective. If everybody would post every lower price of cruiseline A in the boards of B, C, D...

I would call that clutter.

Which is what I call the thousands of endless booze posts. Martini Bar, Booze Packages, Special Drinks, Booze lists, yada, yada, yada.

But there are people who are interested, so be it. Just like there are people who might be interested in price comparisons between 2 lines owned by the same parent corporation.

Bo,

We started cruising on NCL and then did an X cruise (it was a repo and inexpensive) . Since then we have done a total of 9 X cruises and 6 on NCL.

While we prefer X over NCL, there is a limit to how much more that we will pay for cruising with X. Five and six years ago, up until the last couple of years, X was generally only modestly more expensive than NCL. In some cases price difference was nil. Clearly, that has changed. We have an Eclipse TA booked for this October and the prices are pretty good. Also, there is not price bundling with drinks packages that we don't want. Still, when X's prices for competitors like NCL and RCI are 40-70 percent higher we will go elsewhere.

4p - I understand and can accept that without question... there are limits and I do encourage shopping and comparing for the 'best value' for what each of us want to get out of our cruise vacation.

bon voyage

We wanted to do a NZ cruise and then TransPacific cruise back to the USA next Spring, so I researched the available cruises for both cruises down under.

We are diamond on RCI since we are elite on Celebrity, so when Radiance of the Seas had an 11 day cruise for a little over half of Celebrity's 10 day NZ cruise we snapped that one up. With Celebrity, we could have picked the drinks package, but that benefit is of little value to us, since we don't drink alcohol until happy hour and we only drink wine with our dinner after happy hour. Then I priced the TP and Explorer of the Seas was 23 days, ending in Seattle. Price was better than Celebrity and Celebrity's cruise ended in Hawaii and was shorter.

As for size of the ships, Radiance is about the same size as the S class and Explorer is larger, but not one of the huge mega ships.

We shall see just how good RCI can be. We may be doing more RCI unless Celebrity lowers its prices or stops the bundling of prices.

People are crossing over in both directions.:)

We are just off Radiance from Honolulu to Vancouver and are currently onboard Solstice for her first Alaska cruise of the season. We are blown away by the difference between the two products, even taking into account the different sizes and ages of the ships. We have been very frequent cruisers on RCI, but we have booked two more X cruises while onboard and will cancel the less expensive RCI cruises we did have booked in favor of what I consider to be a vastly superior experience, particularly in the food offerings.

But I thank the OP for pointing out the pricing differences - at some point, it can make sense simply to pay to dine in specialty restaurants on RCI and forgo the mediocre madhouse of the main dining room to come a little closer to the X experience.

I am also looking the same cruise (very similar) between Celebrity and RCCL. RCCL is like $2000 cheaper per cabin, but it doesn't seem to come with any perk? Celebrity has 2 free perks which is worth over $2000 on the 12 days cruise...

I did not point you out as a wannabe What I said was "BTW, Ignore all the wannabe Mods around here." Some of the others posters are Moderator wannabes who want to edit the subject of what the OP posts. You can debate the relative merits of each line all you want but some of the replys to the OP were;

."This boards for Celebrity, we are all well aware of prices."

"In my opine, there is no need or requirement to post here on the X board about your experience or etc. on other lines...."

i.e Moderator wannabes.

As for penance, let's go together. ;)

How was pointing out that the post by the OP irrelevant me wanting to be a wannabe moderator?

I just like coming to the board that isn't cluttered with nonsense that means nothing to Celebrity. What's next everyday we start getting posts about how someone booked a cruise cheaper than Celebrity? It would become redundant very fast, and accepting this post as good information sets a precedent for allowing the boards to be flooded with these kinds of nonsense posts.

If not wanting that for these boards makes me a wannabe moderator than I guess I'm a wannabe.

This should be a place to discuss Celebrity Cruises and changes and questions regarding Celebrity. If someone comments in a post about price differences, that's great, thanks for the info, but we don't need posts about it. If you've made it to cruise critic you're well aware of the cost comparisons between the at the least the bigger mainstream lines.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app