Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 32

pierces

Had a trip up to the Smoke (London) and did my touristy bit for awhile.

So had to have this

Big%20Ben.jpg

As it's the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, this is the RAF memorial on the Embankment.

RAF%20Mem.jpg

Resting street performers, having a fag break and wetting their whistle

Street%20Guys.jpg

And this one reminded me of a line from a Kink's song: "The Tax Man's taken all my dough, and left me in my stately home, lazing on a sunny afternoon."

Relaxed.jpg

Dickie

We actually had decent weather on Tuesday and Wednesday and got to sit outside for a few hours.

Aug%205%20007_zpsfxipmv30.jpg

Krazy, love this shot, and the other butterflies.

Lived and worked in London for thirty years, strange how you see things differently when you move out.

Dickie

For our Saturday evening meal with my sister and her husband visiting with our son and the grandsons, we had burgers, fresh sweet corn, etc. Where to get that corn and other goodies? It was our neighborhood community market. See the "photo evidence" below. Yes, that sweet corn was super good, plus wonderful burgers, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 183,016 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From the Saturday morning Clintonville community market, here are a few samples of the flowers, produce, etc., action. This included the sweet corn that was picked fresh early that morning from a location just south of Columbus.:

Aug2015PixsA6_zpswfi1yssm.jpg

Aug2015PixsA7_zpshhiwyehx.jpg

Aug2015PixsA8_zpsaiqmottr.jpg

Aug2015PixsA10_zpsqilxs2eg.jpg

Aug2015PixsA9_zpsgghsuyky.jpg

For those with grandchildren, you know their "energy" can offer challenges for the grandparents in keeping up, etc. It "ALL" is a part for what makes life interesting!! You want to keep them "busy", but not too much to stretch them out in a way that creates other problems. Below are a few quick samples of the weekend fun. They both slept on the flight back to Virginia.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 202,729 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Since both of our grandson love construction equipment as their "toys of choice", I arranged Friday morning for a visit to a major construction firm to see lots of equipment there . . . "up close and personal". This included getting to ride and steer some of the big "Cats", including a steel-tracked bulldozer. I got a great video from their little trip around the construction yard. Do the smiles indicate that it was a fun time for all involved?:

Aug2015PixsA2_zpstqmrrxhc.jpg

Aug2015PixsA1_zpsmhp1wplp.jpg

Sunday morning while enroute to the airport, we stopped at my downtown office overlooking Capitol Square. From the 12th floor, they could see cannons on the Statehouse lawn, plus many tall buildings and having a little fun in my office that features many travel and grandson pictures.:

Aug2015PixsA4_zpsb0jyaaho.jpg

Aug2015PixsA3_zpsvbz81pjx.jpg

At the airport, we had some extra time due to their out-bound flight being delayed for a couple of hours. This allowed a little escalator riding, including this one picture showing Roy Lichtenstein's "Brushstrokes in Flight". This famed 1984 sculpture is in the lobby with our one grandson riding up the escalator. Lichtenstein grew up in the east coast, but started his college career at Ohio State University.:

Aug2015PixsA5_zpsxzxpcomj.jpg

I was playing a small part in helping the Dunblane Centre put on a production of Seussical. The youth workers, the adult case and a mere 141 children on stage!

20346175392_ac80908b02_b.jpg

2015-08-06 (Day 218) Seussical by Alan Potter, on Flickr

And then on Sunday helping out at my son's golf club, when the course was invaded...

20335334678_52d642aeca_b.jpg

2012-08-09 (Day 221) Fore! by Alan Potter, on Flickr