Ricky Ricardo 7 in 1 Tour, How difficult?

jarand

We are hoping to take the Ricky Ricardo 7 in 1 tour in a few weeks. My parents will be with us. They are both fully mobile, but can't handle difficult terrain or really long walks. Can anyone give me some insight as to the physical difficulty of this tour? Thank you.

I wrote a review but it's gone. Anyway to respond I will say you will have a great time. There were 16 of us and we all had so much fun. His van nice and clean and he made sure we were all comfortable. Very easy to get in and out of the van.

Some wanted to horse back ride and some wanted to zip line. He made sure we all got to do what we wanted

My favorite was seeing the monkeys and the crocodile tour was a amazing. Yes we were up close and almost to up close . Lol

The country side was beautiful and he told us the history as we drove. Costariccan lunch was delicious and included as well as a stop at a lovely gift shop. Ricky even let us stop at a ice cream shop and we ate ice cream cones on our way back to the ship.

Such a nice day.

As you get off the ships you will find tour operators hounding you. Nice thing , he sent us little stickers to put on our shirts. It really helped keep them away . One man approached us and said "Hey, Ricky is waiting for you at the end of the pier" Ricky's tour was very professional , easy and I highly recommend this tour Any other questions. Ask me.

Jar and. I did want to mention the longest part of the walk was from the ship to the end of the pier. But we did discover that they offered a shuttle. We just didn't see that until we returned. All other walking was pretty easy he did have a step to help get in and out of the van. You will have a great time I'm sure

Thanks Jiffymom. I'm really glad to know about the pier being the longest walk, and even more glad to hear there's a shuttle. We will definitely check that out.

We are getting Ricky's brother as our guide. Hopefully we have as much fun as you. I really appreciate you responding!

• 4 weeks later...

We did a small group tour with Ricky Ricardo Tours in Puntarenas in May, 2014. After a lot of negotiation, we arranged for a customized itinerary for the 7 in 1 tour, but with the Rain Forest Aerial Tram instead of the walking tour in Puntarenas. It made a longer day, about 8 1/2 hours total, but we were happy with this decision.

We did not get Ricky himself for a tour guide, but our guide Pablo did a nice job. Pick-up was as arranged, and the only surprise was when Ricky himself showed up to take payment in advance. This made us a bit nervous, but he delivered exactly as promised. The 8 of us were quite comfortable in the van, and we appreciated having both a driver and a guide. We first saw adorable white-faced monkeys in their natural habitat, and Pablo called them down with bananas. Then we drove to a small herb and mango farm where we tasted fantastic fresh mangos. Next was a crocodile river cruise which was great fun. There were many crocs, and the driver gave a "show" where he got out of the boat and fed chicken to a couple of crocs. Following the cruise we saw a number of macaws in the trees (apparently not always the case unless you visit sanctuaries). Lunch was included at a nearby restaurant and was very good. After lunch, our group split from the usual itinerary and went to the rain forest aerial tram. (You could also do zip-lining here). It was about 40 minutes driving each way, and we spent about 90 minutes there. We didn't see much wildlife, but really enjoyed the tram, and for us it was definitely preferable to walking around Puntarenas.

Ricky was quick to respond to emails. While his written English isn't the best, we had no problems understanding either Ricky or Pablo's spoken English. The tour was well organized and delivered exactly what we wanted at a much better price than a similar but scaled-down excursion offered by the ship. I would definitely recommend them!

Edited by jarand

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the link. I read that and I was glad to see where there was room to customize. It was also nice to read about your description of Ricky. I have received emails from him and his written English was a bit off but otherwise sounded ok. I have several groups I am looking at and one wants a deposit, which I don't feel too comfortable with. Ricky and another group are about the same in price and accept payment on the day. Thank you again for your feedback.

Edited by alibabacruisers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For the customized version we did, with 8 people, it was $125 each. This wasn't where he started, but with some negotiations, that's what we paid. It included lunch and the fare for both the tram and the croc boat.