Costa Deiziosa broken down

clive and anne

Just had a call from Costa. The cruise we had booked for tomorrow from Rome on Deliziosa, has been at least delayed with engine trouble is Valencia.

I am expecting a call from them in 2/3 hours with an update of whats happening.

Just to give a quick update.

At 1900 hours tonight, 6 hours after phoning to say there was a problem and would be back in 2/3 hours and 11 hours before we were due to leave for the airport Costa emailed to say that our cruise is cancelled.

They have offered us several alternatives involving a 50% refund and another cruise or a full refund and 250 euro voucher each to be used before the end of the year.

Whilst still feeling sorrow and anger in equal parts. for ourselves I still feel for the people from such as U.S. or Australia who would be in transit on their way to Rome with no idea whats facing them tomorrow morning. Rome Airport and cruise terminal could be interesting places tomorrow.

Thanks Micki

I was getting worried that our cruise decision was behind the scrapyard one in the queue, otherwise we might have been dossing down in St Peters for months.

We're disappointed of course, but there are a lot of people worse off than us.

Tomorrow I have to negotiate with Costa and worse still unpack everything we packed this morning.

I will be watching with great interest what happens to Costa Deliziosa in the next few days, cant believe it will spend the next 13 days doing nothing.

Yep everything booked including all inclusive with Costa, Sid.

Nuisance is that I had booked a private tour in Katakolon and Ho Ho bus tickets in Athens. Could have fun getting the money back.

All depends now is the reaction from Costa tomorrow whether we even look at Costa again. Any ship can go technical but its the way admin handle the problem that can make or break it for me.

Clive ... hope you manage to get a refund on the tours, i guess Costa were trying to hold out as long as they could in the hope that the ship would be delayed getting to Civitavecchia by a day or so and with all those leaving the ship coupled with all those going i bet it is a nightmare trying to arrange things in such a short time for Thousands of people.

Sorry to hear about your cancellation. Good luck with customer service!

Hmm. Maybe if she is stuck in Valencia for a few days, I can make some lemonade out of these lemons and arrange a ship tour...

A unlucky cruise so far, as they changed the itinerary already (the cruise should have gone to the Ukraine, the cancelled this port and have now two days in Istanbul and some ports in Rumania and Bulgaria)

My parents have booked the same cruise departing Savona this Wednesday (so a day after Civitavecchia).

We still have no information about a cancellation, we just heard the news from a facebook page. And the ship is still in Valencia (Webcam shows us this clearly).

If the ship is back to normal again, maybe they can board the ship a day later and have instead of two just one day in Istanbul...?

Let's hope and see. (as we are from Switzerland we have a transfer by bus to Savona and not a flight, everything booked through Costa, so that shouldn't be the problem).

(And overall my parents are used to such "delays" as they were booked on the Costa Concordia a week after the accident)

(And overall my parents are used to such "delays" as they were booked on the Costa Concordia a week after the accident)

Ouch! I think if this happened to me back to back, I would probably be looking hard at other options next time...

Ouch! I think if this happened to me back to back, I would probably be looking hard at other options next time...

They love Costa.

They are "frequent" customers of Costa (started cruising 1996) and in the highest Costa-Club-membership, this one would be somewhere around their 33rd Costa Cruise.

So therefore it's just a coincidence and they never had any problems while cruising (then they might think something else about).

Just a quick update folks.

This morning I have spoken to Costa and they agreed to a 50% refund of all money paid including airfare and all inclusive package. In addition we have asked to go on the same cruise in July and this is free including airfare and all inclusive.

I am awaiting email confirmation from them, will keep everyone posted and thanks for the messages of condolence.

Clive

Onyx007 .... Same report as in Seatrade Insider.

You were asking, what caused the cancellation and that's it, the ship is supposed to be in Civitavecchia and is still at this time of writing in Valencia, which is a full day cruising away, so people who like to board the ship in Civitaveccia cannot board in time for their cruise.