Hurricane damage?

timelordjason

Locals may be unable to communicate now. The power went down to a lot of the island. My former co-workers still have not been able to contact family in Fajardo.

That explains the lack of info I can find online about the damage there. I was hoping since i cant find much and find tons about st martin and Barbuda it is because it wasnt too bad but now i am realizing it may be due to no communication. Thanks

Local here!

We were spared the worst of this monster. Our thoughts and prayers are with our neighbor islands to the east. They suffered a devastating blow. But they will be back soon! After all, our greatest assets are our weather (except for hurricanes) and its peoples. Keep booking those cruises. It's the best way to help them out.

Puerto Rico specifics:

1. Most of the damage is downed trees and power lines. Very little property damage. Most hotels are operating normally with utility power or that of a backup generator.

2. The Port of San Juan is fully operational. No restrictions. This weekend's turnarounds as scheduled.

3. SJU airport also fully operational.

4. The San Juan National Historic Site (the forts) are reopening on Saturday September 9.

5. The El Yunque National Forest might reopen early next week.

6. Per the Puerto Rico Restaurants Association, most if not all of its members are in operation.

7. Old San Juan suffered no damage.

We are okay, considering what our little sisters in the Leewards went through and what Florida is facing.

Thank you,

Local here!

We were spared the worst of this monster. Our thoughts and prayers are with our neighbor islands to the east. They suffered a devastating blow. But they will be back soon! After all, our greatest assets are our weather (except for hurricanes) and its peoples. Keep booking those cruises. It's the best way to help them out.

Puerto Rico specifics:

1. Most of the damage is downed trees and power lines. Very little property damage. Most hotels are operating normally with utility power or that of a backup generator.

2. The Port of San Juan is fully operational. No restrictions. This weekend's turnarounds as scheduled.

4. The San Juan National Historic Site (the forts) are reopening on Saturday September 9.

6. Per the Puerto Rico Restaurants Association, most if not all of its members are in operation.

We are okay, considering what our little sisters in the Leewards went through and what Florida is facing.

Thank you,

Thank you for the update, so happy PR was "somewhat" spared. She's a special place!

Patty

Local here!

Puerto Rico specifics:

Thank you,

That is so good to hear. Thank you for sharing.

Local here!

Puerto Rico specifics:

Thank you,

Thank You so much for the posted Update. So Glad to hear that the island did not suffer major damage like other islands. Will be see you on the 16th for a 17th sailing.

Any PR residents or cruisers already down there can comment on the beaches or Culebra/Vieques? I'm sure the surf is still up now, but I heard PR's islands to the east got beat up a bit. We are cruising out of San Juan on September 30, but plan to fly in a week before on the 23 to spend the week there. I know it's still two weeks away, but we're just trying to tentatively plan our week there. Glad the majority of PR was spared the worst, but feel for the beautiful islands to the east. We love PR, and our looking forward to our week there! Thanks in advance...stay safe everyone! 😊

Thank you for your thoughts!

You're welcome! We love the Southern Caribbean! Not only are the islands beautiful, the people are wonderful. We have met so many interesting people who have shared fascinating stories and given us great advice on things to do. Y'all truly love your islands and culture.

:)

Any PR residents or cruisers already down there can comment on the beaches or Culebra/Vieques? I'm sure the surf is still up now, but I heard PR's islands to the east got beat up a bit. We are cruising out of San Juan on September 30, but plan to fly in a week before on the 23 to spend the week there. I know it's still two weeks away, but we're just trying to tentatively plan our week there. Glad the majority of PR was spared the worst, but feel for the beautiful islands to the east. We love PR, and our looking forward to our week there! Thanks in advance...stay safe everyone! 😊

I am not a local but I do have reservations in Vieques on Sept 27 before our cruise on Sept 30. I emailed the owner of the guest house we are staying at and she said that there was no human damage, just trees and brush damage. The electricity is out but most are running on generators. Hopefully by the time we go, all will be well.