Epic November 18th '17

norcalman

I guess they are just working their way through the numerous schedules they have to re organise. Must be like a battle plan.

We received an email this morning saying there would be a reschedule of our cruise which is the TA from Barcelona - the one prior to your cruise. In the email it tells us to expect to hear within two weeks.

I am crossing fingers and toes we wont get an added on port stop this side of the pond - its way too cold in November - Id rather just have extra sea days somewhere near sunnier climates. I guess those from the USA might enjoy an extra stop this side whereas we would prefer it on the other side where its warmer.

Whatever the outcome we will take it as it comes - these poor islands have suffered so much -

Only time will tell as they work their way through the schedules.

There is nowhere left for us to do our immigration so I guess it will be done at Port Canaveral -

Just have to wait and see - still excited to be returning to our BigBoy Epic! :D

We are on that sailing as well and have not heard either. I know that NCL just notified Escape passengers on Friday of their updated itineraries. I suspect we will hear something this week.

I actually think that our itineray will not look like the other Western schedules on the Epic as those ports are already full with other ships at this point with the exception of GSC. I actually think that is the one port that remain on our itinerary.

Has anyone received word on the itinerary change for this trip? Every place we were going is decimated. I can't see us doing the Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance!

It's closer to West Caribbean from FL (Miami or Port Canaveral) than East Caribbean ... you'll be informed of the itinerary change 'ere long.

ENJOY your cruise regardless.

Found this in another discussion; looks like the Epic will be in Jamaica 11/20/17....don't know how accurate it is...just sharing what I read :)

http://cruisejamaica.com/cruise-ship-arrival-schedule/

Curious where the rest of the intinerary would go if this is in fact accurate...? Taking my family on this cruise for Thanksgiving....

I contacted the cruise line last night because the update on Monday still only lists the Escape itinerary change. My bet is we follow that same plan....Falmouth, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya.

Probably not costa maya. Too far from PC. Maybe key west, grand cayman, and Jamaica. That is the normal western from PC

I guess they are just working their way through the numerous schedules they have to re organise. Must be like a battle plan.

We received an email this morning saying there would be a reschedule of our cruise which is the TA from Barcelona - the one prior to your cruise. In the email it tells us to expect to hear within two weeks.

I am crossing fingers and toes we wont get an added on port stop this side of the pond - its way too cold in November - Id rather just have extra sea days somewhere near sunnier climates. I guess those from the USA might enjoy an extra stop this side whereas we would prefer it on the other side where its warmer.

Whatever the outcome we will take it as it comes - these poor islands have suffered so much -

Only time will tell as they work their way through the schedules.

There is nowhere left for us to do our immigration so I guess it will be done at Port Canaveral -

Just have to wait and see - still excited to be returning to our BigBoy Epic! :D

Quoting myself here as I am now so gutted -

Cannot believe Norwegian would stuff us with a longer stay in freezing Europe, a stop at the lousy Azores (that's IF it makes it in - we have managed in once in 20 years!) -

NO customs clearance until Orlando which may well result in a longer embarkation day for you guys whilst they clear 4000 (many non US) guests from the Transatlantic.

I would have taken any port on the other side of the atlantic - or even hey - drop anchor as long as its somewhere the sun shines

Instead we now have a cold weather cruise -

Sorely disappointed - For NCL hey - shorter route - less fuel - cheap port Ponta Delgada - they win

For us who booked a southernly route warmer Transatlantic

we lose :(

I will get over it. Having already "made the best of" the fiascos on the Getaway on the Spring TA we were hoping for a straight sunny run - who knows, maybe we will get lucky :)

Oh well - At least we have thermal suites :)

Fingerscrossed we will go to St. Thomas

Our "MyNCL" is now showing The Azores - HOWEVER - no shorex for sale which hopefully tells us they are also hoping we might yet make St Thomas - My cynical husband however did say "Nah - they are not selling shorex as they know fine well the ship wont be able to get in anyway" :')

Ooooh - that's good news!

Maybe we will get our stop restored!

I live in hope :)

Let's hope so, but highly doubt it, saying that though if all the people on FB who said they're going to contact NCL to express their disappointment about the change, and NCL listen then they might....... but I still doubt it [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let's hope so, but highly doubt it, saying that though if all the people on FB who said they're going to contact NCL to express their disappointment about the change, and NCL listen then they might....... but I still doubt it [emoji57]

I don't know who to contact - have you got an email address for anyone?

We are booked via our agents - Not NCL direct?

Who are they writing to?

https://www.ncl.com/case-submission/pre-cruise

This was the link on FB

Thanks - this is better than the usual 28 day reply system -

Doubt any good will come of it but well - at least I have added my tuppence worth to the many.

Silly beggars -

You know even if they had stopped at Gibraltar - and then headed on a southernly route as originally mapped it might have been warmer.

But the Azores - I am no expert for sure - I have no clue really on nautical geography - but looks to me like its a fuel saving shorter route where the ship will just tick along slowly from Azores to Orlando - saving a small fortune for the company..

I am so had it with cold weather cruises - need some heat and if we get 3 days out of this we will be very lucky :(

I just saw on Grand Cayman's port schedule that the Epic is listed for Wednesday 11/22.

Saw that too and we are slotted for Falmouth Jamaica on Tuesday now.

Looks like it will be

Sat - Sail away

Sun (11/19)- Sea Day

Mon (11/20) - Sea Day

Tues (11/210 - Falmouth

Wednesday (11/22) - Grand Cayman

Thursday (11/23) - Sea day

Friday (11/24) GSC

Sat (11/25) - Port Canaveral

Hoping Monday turns into a port day somewhere :-)

I think that we might hear this afternoon as NCL informed Escape passengers last Friday afternoon of their itinerary changes.