Uniworld Roll Call River Beatrice Sept.12,2010

aneka

We will be sailing on the River Beatrice on Sept 12, 2010 from Budapest to Passau. I was wondering if any CC'ers will be joining us.

Also, we were thinking about going to the Hungarian Opera house for a performance. Would my husband need a jacket? Any recommendations for seating? Should I buy the tickets on-line or wait until we arrive?

It won't be long now!

Annette

Annette, we will be on the same trip but Nov. 13th. We are also going to the opera in Budapest. Rick Steves has a really informative if not off-beat description in his his Budapest section concerning the various ways to get tickets in advance or the same day. Steve

Rather than just referring you to a book I thought I would give you some specific info. Go to http://www.opera.hu to order tickets on line but here's the catch. You can only order them the first week day of the month PRIOR to your trip so for you that would be the first week in Aug. I emailed someone I know in Budapest and was told that it's best to get the middle range seats. They take their opera seriously in Europe and sometimes dress up so your husband would not be out of place with a jacket. He could always take it off if the place is too hot. Let us know how you make out as I will be ordering our tickets in Oct. Good luck!

Thanks for the info Steve. I think we will try to get tickets next week online. I have Rick Steves book and will have to review what he has to say about the opera.

Thanks,

Annette

• 3 weeks later...

HI Joey,

I just saw your post. It will be good to have a fellow CC poster on the River Beatrice! We are arriving in Budapest on Sept 10th. Will you be flying in earlier than the 12th?

If you want you could email me at aneka0925@aol.com.

Annette & John Thomson

Archived