Family and Friends on My Celebrity

Stuartm

On my reservation on-line there is a section that says 'Family and Friends". I can't seem to find out exactly what that's about. We have friends travelling with us on our cruise so do we link them to our booking? Just curious as I've searched and can't find any relevent information.

thanks for any explanation.

cheers

Stu

On my reservation on-line there is a section that says 'Family and Friends". I can't seem to find out exactly what that's about. We have friends travelling with us on our cruise so do we link them to our booking? Just curious as I've searched and can't find any relevent information.
This implies that you are receiving onboard credit for using a Celebrity Passages certificate.

If so, you can book one or two additional cabins for family members and/or friends traveling with you on the same ship for the same dates, and they will receive the same onboard credit that you are getting from your Celebrity Passages certificate.

When requesting the onboard credit for them, you need to provide the number of your own Celebrity Passage certificate, which also becomes your own reservation number.

At the time that you purchase an open passage on the ship, sometimes they actually give you two additional paper certificates to present to family or friends.

Other times they just say no certificates are necessary and tell you that you only need to call in and give them your own reservation number after you have booked your own cabin when you are ready to book the additional cabins.

But the cabins for friends or family need to be booked within 30 days of making your own booking.

This implies that you are receiving onboard credit for using a Celebrity Passages certificate.

I don't think this is right. I'm pretty sure this is just about dining preferences. i.e. when you want to dine at the same table with passengers from another booking number then you get the two (or more) bookings all linked together. I've never bought a 'certificate' before however in all my Celebrity bookings, it says the following:

Family and Friends:

You are linked with 1 other travelers.

This is because my parents who are in another cabin to me have been 'linked' to my reservation so we sit together at dinner. Nothing to do with on board credit or a certificate.

Archived