Sideways cabins...

WinterSky

We have invited our son and his wife to join us on our next cruise and they are pretty excited at the prospect. Initially we have planned to share a cabin, however, remembering what it is like to be young parents and to be 29 and 30 years old, I am beginning to consider getting them their own cabin as a surprise. There is a sideways inside cabin just across from our favorite balcony cabin and that may be a good choice... privacy but close enough to be together and enjoy the balcony when we all want to.

My question... what is the layout of the sideways cabin? Is it the same as the other inside cabins only running in a different direction or is it a totally different layout?

Thanks a bunch!

WinterSky

What ship? I'm not sure whether all the sideways inside cabins are the same. We had one for a short repo on the Sun (II, I think), that was much different than the other insides. The door was situated in the middle of the cabin. As you looked into the cabin, the bed was on the opposite wall, to the right. The desk/vanity was to the right, beside the door and across from the bed. The bathroom was to the left, and across from it was the couch. A really nice layout, with plenty of floor sapce.

here's the photo of one on the spirit, it gives you an idea. to the other side of the door is the vanity and bathroom. you can compare this photo the layout showing on NCL.com. usually you enter through the bathroom/closet hallway. these you enter right into the cabin/bedroom.

1470476989_SidewaysInsideCabin.jpg.b21ecf2223d3af95d501e06d6480a09e.jpg

here's the photo of one on the spirit, it gives you an idea. to the other side of the door is the vanity and bathroom. you can compare this photo the layout showing on NCL.com. usually you enter through the bathroom/closet hallway. these you enter right into the cabin/bedroom.

Thank you for the pic! It is nice to have some type of mental image of what to expect.

Thanks a bunch!

WinterSky

I looked again at our cabin on the Jewel and realized it was a sideways cabin too. What's the configuration for 4 people like on a sideways cabin. I'm kinda excited about a sideways cabin, it's different we've never had one before.

Eileen

PS I have a U shaped quad layout from the Dawn that someone posted so that we have some room to walk instead of the wall to wall beds and crawling to the end of the bed to get out of bed.

This is the link...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2752587760099991182tnPzsf

The twin beds are put together no problem, nad for 4 people we had a pull down bunk and a trundle bed that pulled out from one of the other beds. So we had the two twins stuck together and a trundle bed nest to that and the pull down bunk. Not the best, but could have been worse!

Archived