Flying into Fort Lauderdale, cruising out of Miami

MYRN1

For various reasons, we booked flights in FtL. THe ship leaves on Saturday, we arrive THursday at dinner time. We are thinking of renting a minivan to accommodate the 6 of us. We would pick up @ airport, and return near cruise terminal on Saturday@ noon. For the return trip, we are looking at the South Beach Miami transfer(though renting another van isn't out of the question). We wanted to do the Miami seaquarium tour but it only drops in Miami.

Any thoughts or ideas to make this a seamless voyage? Traveling are me, DH, and our 2 boys(8,3) and my Dad and stepmom. Thanks for any ideas.

Check the FL departure boards. I know many people fly into FLL for a cruise out of Miami, and I know there are several options for transportation other than renting a car. There is a limo service that gets rave reviews and is inexpensive.

I once flew into Fort Lauderdale and rented a car, drove it to Miami and dropped it off. It was cheaper than a cab or shuttle (around $34 if I remember properly). You just have to factor in getting to the port and how you're going to get to your hotel after you drop off your car. In my case, the car rental drop-off was a couple blocks from the hotel, so I just walked to the hotel.

For various reasons, we booked flights in FtL. THe ship leaves on Saturday, we arrive THursday at dinner time. We are thinking of renting a minivan to accommodate the 6 of us. We would pick up @ airport, and return near cruise terminal on Saturday@ noon. For the return trip, we are looking at the South Beach Miami transfer(though renting another van isn't out of the question). We wanted to do the Miami seaquarium tour but it only drops in Miami.

Any thoughts or ideas to make this a seamless voyage? Traveling are me, DH, and our 2 boys(8,3) and my Dad and stepmom. Thanks for any ideas.

We did the same thing. Some of the rental car companies have shuttles to the port directly so you can keep your car / minivan. Just do a one way rental. We stayed in Fort Lauderdale for the night and drove the short distance to the rental in the morning because we were coming in so late. Add to that the rates were cheaper. We did the cruise transfer back to FLL and also did the express luggage with Carnival so we didn't have to worry about lugging bags, etc... Everything worked out well, no issues.

Archived