Ryanair Compliant Bag

rlkubi

I thought our carryon would work but it's not going to work with the wheels - very close but...I've heard Ryanair is very strict. Do any of you have experience with Ryanair and if you have a rolling bag you would recommend compliance with Ryanair would you please send me the name?

Thank you!!!!

I can't recommend a bag as I have never flown Ryanair asI refuse to donate money to O'Leary. Several of my friends have and ther reaction varied from NEVER again to well at least it got us there.

But the are very strict!! Abide exactly by there terms and conditions or you WILL encounter problems and yes if you bag is even a millimetre over they will not allow it as Cabin Luggage

DD has used the two wheeled, small IT bag on RyanAir.

http://www.ebags.com/product/it-luggage/worlds-lightest-it-0-1-second-generation-22-2-wheeled-carry-on/272848?productid=10300416

Follow their instructions to the letter. One bag (not one bag and a purse; wear your heaviest clothes, wear your jacket and pack in your pockets) Remember to pre buy luggage at the correct weight and print out your boarding passes. DD's flown on BelleAir which is worse than RyanAir.

In the kid's luggage section of Target or Walmart the cute, smaller bags with no pockets are lightweight.

When shopping for a piece of luggage bring a luggage scale.

Edited by SadieN

We used to use them regularly to France when we had our house there and their was no alternative. They are Strict - stick to the size - or find another airline! They are good when there are no problems, if there are problems, i.e. strikes by air traffic control , they are not always as helpful as they might be.

We used a case by "The world's lightest luggage" range which was ok for Ryanair. Not our favourite airline but there was no other option for us in that

instance. We are in the UK but I believe that the luggage is available abroad. We have been using the carry on size for some years and are pleased with it.

We used a case by "The world's lightest luggage" range which was ok for Ryanair. Not our favourite airline but there was no other option for us in that

instance. We are in the UK but I believe that the luggage is available abroad. We have been using the carry on size for some years and are pleased with it.

Would you be willing to help out fellow cruisers? Take that bag, fill it, then take the measurements (including from the floor to the highest point of the entire bag and it's hardware), and post it here? It may be very helpful to those who must fly Ryanair. That way, when anyone goes shopping for a compliant bag, one could take a tape measure and use it on the bag of one's choice to be sure it is indeed compliant.

Edited by slidergirl

I agree with Sadie, find a 2 wheeled one as it will be lighter and stick to the exact measurements. Airlines are getting stricter all of the time. Prepack your bag in advance and weigh/measure it to make sure it's within the guidelines and not a bit over. It will give you plenty of time to find something else if it's over or change the outfits. Try getting one that has an outside pocket to put your purse items in if they do not allow carry on and a purse (I haven't personally flown with them).

This case is Ryanair compliant. You can bring this case and a handbag or duty-free (not both) which can be placed under your seat & case goes over head.

If it is busy they will take some of the hand luggage (cases) and put them in the hold for free.

They are not quite as strict these days. In airports in the UK they have metal sizers, where you can see if your bags fit.

Also on Ryanair website they have very clear descriptions of the size of your luggage.