Legend of the Seas Dry Dock?

We are looking at a 2014 cruise for our 25th 2anniversary and it looks like the Legend is coming back to Florida. I know it is an older smaller Vision ship. I'm been on a couple of Vision class ships and it seems to me that how they look is somewhat dependent of the latest dry dock. Does anyone know if Legend will have a dry dock before returning to Florida and if so what they will be doing to her?

Any other information of Legend is appreciated. I tried to search past posts and couldn't find much.

We are looking at a 2014 cruise for our 25th 2anniversary and it looks like the Legend is coming back to Florida. I know it is an older smaller Vision ship. I'm been on a couple of Vision class ships and it seems to me that how they look is somewhat dependent of the latest dry dock. Does anyone know if Legend will have a dry dock before returning to Florida and if so what they will be doing to her?

Any other information of Legend is appreciated. I tried to search past posts and couldn't find much.

Yes, I think Legend is going to the dry dock early next year.

Legend is going back to Florida in 2014? Interesting. Where did you get this piece of news?

Legend Of The Seas is my favourite ship. Been on her three times, I like the Vision class ships and hope they don't make many changes. I see the Grandeur is going to have a complete makeover and the addition of a big screen on the pool deck I so hope they don't put one of those horrors on the Legend.

• 3 months later...

The Legend is due for dry dock Feb. 7, 2013. At that time she will receive a full make over. To include

Outside movie screen, chef's table, chops griolle, Izumi Asian Cuisine, Flat screen TV's New Staterooms, Updated staterooms, Concierge CLub, Diamond Club, and a Nursery.

oh that's too bad re the large screen .:( Guess we will not be sailing on that lovely ship again.

We were on Rhapsody after the addition of the big screen near the pool. Like you, I was not looking forward to the big screen. However, I found it much less intrusive than I expected. The volume was not loud during the day, plus we spent most of the time on deck in the Solarium where you could not see or hear the big screen.

Schedule for dry dock refurbish Legend of the Seas 7 Jan - 7 Feb 2013 TBC. You can find a full list of ships to head for dry dock refurbishment by searching your seach engine i use google.

Edited by bigkauhuna

• 4 weeks later...

As sort of a hobby, I follow all the cruise liners that I have sailed with, via MarineTraffic.com. I note that a couple of weeks ago, the Legend of the Seas spent over a week in the Far East Russian port of Vladivostok. Anybody know if this was for refurbishment of some kind?

As sort of a hobby, I follow all the cruise liners that I have sailed with, via MarineTraffic.com. I note that a couple of weeks ago, the Legend of the Seas spent over a week in the Far East Russian port of Vladivostok. Anybody know if this was for refurbishment of some kind?

Don't know for sure why Legend would be in Vladivostok for a week, but her major refurbishment is scheduled for Feb 2013. Based on her schedule, the refurbishment appears to be in Singapore.

Edited by clarea

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see that the Legend will get some great enhancements. I like the specialty dining enhancements very much! Just booked her for a Western Med cruise for August 2013. We sailed on the Splendour 2 years ago and like the Vista size ships very much.

So are we! We are seriously considering the Panama Canal cruise for our 4th Anniversary trip. We are looking forward to it.

What a great anniversary cruise! What part of Alabama? We have family in Helena and friends in Montgomery and Huntsville.

We've booked her for Dec. 2013 for the southern caribbean out of PEV. Nice not to have to fly to SJU to visit some of our favorite ports. Glad she's being refurbished with a D lounge. We enjoy watching the Sunday football games at the pool on the big screen, so we are happy about that too. We'll make our D+ status on this sailing. Yeah!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Lorniloo

We are also going on Legend of the Seas April 2013. We live in Canada, but originally from Wales. Looking forward to the trip, and sailing on Legend. Much prefer smaller ships in general because you don't get lost in the crowd like the bigger ships.

I was on Legend in Feb - staff were wonderful, and the ship was good. But, some of the rooms are worn, and really need an update. I had a spa day at sea, and the ladies working there said that a lot of little things that we do not see were outdated, and everyone was looking forward to the redo.

I spent most of my time in the solarium, and it was very large, the addition of a big screen will not deminish the space there. I would go to the buffet to get lunch, and often staff would carry my food to the solarium for me, and offer to go and get a beverage (even non alchol) - they were very happy to please.

I did not like the loud pool music/games, but it catered to the majority of the people on the ship, and they were asian, again - the solarium was very quiet.

I find it interesting that they move ships around over the years, probably better for staff, nobody gets bored and stuck in a rutt.

Enjoy the ship!

• 2 months later...

We are just back from Singapore off a HAL cruise and The Legend of the Seas is already in dock there. My travel agent has confirmed that it will be undergoing some refurbishment at this time.

We have booked the April 2014 Panama Canal cruise on the Legend, from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego and will be travelling with 2 other couples.

So are we! We are seriously considering the Panama Canal cruise for our 4th Anniversary trip. We are looking forward to it.

Make sure you watch the availability. These cruises tend to sell out FAST. We initially booked the April 2013 Panama Canal crossing on the Vision. I swear that the entire ship was sold out in a couple of weeks. When they added the April 2014 option on the Legend, we "jumped ship" so that we could sail this year with friends. It still has cabins (at least, last I checked), but do be careful and keep your eyes open if you really think you might want to do this itinerary.

You also might want to check out the roll call for this sailing so you'll get an idea of who'd be cruising with you. It's a wild bunch, I tell ya.