Laundry on Board Ship - Cost for Kids Clothes

pl281

I'm going to be on Celebrity this summer (cross posting this) and will have our 3 year old with us.

Just wondering if anyone has sent out laundry on Celebrity (or other lines) and how they charged for the cleaning.

We will be gone for 2 weeks with pre-cruise travel - just trying to plan ahead

They usually have a "fill a bag" special and it's like $29 for the bag or something like that. It's definitely not cheap per item. We decided it was easier to bring plenty of clean undies and socks instead of paying the high price to have them laundered or bringing along little travel packets of detergent to wash out underwear and socks in the sink. In the end it's cheaper to bring another suitcase full of clean clothes than to have to pay for the laundry.

Thanks CB :) we are only in town for about a day and a half before the cruise -

Since British Air gives us 3 bags per person at no charge I think we may just make sure we pack enough :)

I try to bring some kids clothes that are polyester and easy to wash with shampoo and will dry in the shower without wrinkling. These are our sea day outfits.

I have boys, so these are usually sport set outfits - a polyester soccer shirt and matching shorts. That way I know I won't run out of clothes since I can easily do laundry if he gets really messy. I bring enough socks/underwear since those get stiff air drying and don't take up much room anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly would not pay the prices to have them laundry my child's clothing. I find it to be too expensive (I'd rather spend my money on other things for vacation :) )

Depending on how old your child is (how small their clothes are) I would just bring enough clothing, or plan to re-use certain clothing (my toddler wears the same pajamas 2 or 3 days in a row at home). There's plenty of videos on you tube where parents can show you how to pack for your child by folding/rolling their clothes a certain way to take up minimal space.