Royal Caribbean Visa points question for OBC (cruise planner)

I redeemed my visa points a couple of days ago to get OBC. It's my understanding you can use OBC before your cruise to purchase items in your cruise planner. Can someone tell me where I will be able to find the available OBC to use? I wasn't sure where it shows up. Thanks in advance....

I redeemed my visa points a couple of days ago to get OBC. It's my understanding you can use OBC before your cruise to purchase items in your cruise planner. Can someone tell me where I will be able to find the available OBC to use? I wasn't sure where it shows up. Thanks in advance....

OBC from Visa points is applied in order of sailing, so if your sailing is far in the future, it might be some time before the OBC shows up.

I also just redeemed Visa points for OBC a few days ago for a September sailing and I know it will take awhile to show up. Just trying to see where it might be on the Cruise Planner,.

I went from the RCL website to My Cruises, clicked on View Reservation which took me to an overview tab with a vacation summary. A previous poster suggested going into the Cruise Planner which is 2 tabs to the right of the overview tab (which I did). I still don't see anything at the top of the page that would show a place for the OBC or a drop down box of any kind.

Can anyone help? What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks.

Yes, that's what I was told to do. Once you are in your reservation, click on the cruise planner tab. I'm assuming what will happen is once the credit is applied, we will see it on the top right side of our cruise planner page. My cruise is also in September (last week). I redeemed my points last Friday or Saturday so I'll wait until next week to see where it shows up on the cruise planner page. You won't see anything there until the credit is posted.

I called the MyCruiseRewards customer service yesterday with the same question. I had redeemed points on Monday night (to be applied to my October 2017 cruise) and I had assumed they would show up immediately for me to use to book shore excursions. Yesterday they still weren't added to my cruise planner account and, when I called to ask about it, I was told that they likely won't be added to my account until 2-3 weeks before my sail date :( That means that I'll be able to use them on-board, and to book excursions on-line a few weeks out, but not able to take advantage of any excursion sales before then unless I pay using a credit card.

I'm going to continue checking my account to see if the OBC shows up well in advance of the sale date but at this point I'm not holding my breath. I don't want to miss out on any discounted or popular excursions so I'm wondering whether I can pay for them with a credit card in advance and then, once the OBC shows up, basically cancel (and get my card refunded) and rebook immediately using the OBC :confused:. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. ;)

interesting. I assumed it showed up well in advance so you could use them for pre cruise-purchases. I figured it was one of the benefits of using the OBC before your cruise.

Hopefully others here can confirm they were able to see their RC visa OBC points show up well before the 2-3 week mark?

I am 45 days out from my cruise on Oasis and my OBC showed up today. When I hit "get started" on Cruise Planner a pop up screen came up (Below). The amount now shows up at the top right of the screen once I am in Cruise Planner.

Pre-cruise Onboard Credit Available

Lucky you! You can use your onboard credit for Cruise Planner purchases.

Simply use your onboard credits by applying them to your balance due during your checkout.

$500.00 USD*

Onboard Credit Available for Pre-Cruise Purchases

*Amount reflected is eligible for use pre-cruise. Additional Onboard Credit (OBC) amounts may be available onboard.

Edited by dbtri

I am 45 days out from my cruise on Oasis and my OBC showed up today. When I hit "get started" on Cruise Planner a pop up screen came up (Below). The amount now shows up at the top right of the screen once I am in Cruise Planner.

Pre-cruise Onboard Credit Available

Lucky you! You can use your onboard credit for Cruise Planner purchases.

Simply use your onboard credits by applying them to your balance due during your checkout.

$500.00 USD*

Onboard Credit Available for Pre-Cruise Purchases

*Amount reflected is eligible for use pre-cruise. Additional Onboard Credit (OBC) amounts may be available onboard.

Can I ask when you applied your OBC? Was it recently or a while ago?

I was told by rep. not to convert to OBC prior to the 2 weeks before sailing. Their reasoning was if an emergency and I had to cancel I would not get my points back. They said points would be lost forever if I did not go on the cruise. After that warning, I always wait until 2 weeks prior and the OBC appeared the same day.

I was told by rep. not to convert to OBC prior to the 2 weeks before sailing. Their reasoning was if an emergency and I had to cancel I would not get my points back. They said points would be lost forever if I did not go on the cruise. After that warning, I always wait until 2 weeks prior and the OBC appeared the same day.

Are you sure they can't be transferred to another booking? I could be wrong, but I thought I was told by someone here that it could be transferred as long as you don't cancel the booking. Just transfer/change the booking?

I used to always wait to apply my credit, but now I would like to use it for a specialty dining package. I have just enough credit to cover this.

Are you sure they can't be transferred to another booking? I could be wrong, but I thought I was told by someone here that it could be transferred as long as you don't cancel the booking. Just transfer/change the booking?

I used to always wait to apply my credit, but now I would like to use it for a specialty dining package. I have just enough credit to cover this.

Not positive, but that is what I was told by 2 different reps. Could be wrong so would call redemption center and ask. I was not interested in purchasing any packages in advance and just wanted to use OBC on board for daily fees and maybe a beer with lunch.

Not positive, but that is what I was told by 2 different reps. Could be wrong so would call redemption center and ask. I was not interested in purchasing any packages in advance and just wanted to use OBC on board for daily fees and maybe a beer with lunch.

ok...thanks for the reply. I wonder if asking a royal Caribbean rep would get you a different answer than a redemption center rep. I believe I heard it from someone on these boards. Sometimes the info here is more accurate than what a rep tells you LOL Hopefully I never have to find out!

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...