Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Here's hoping it won't be too bad. I know if I don't track I really mess up. It's surprising how fast the points add up. Went to supper at Bob Evans last night and I used the Dotti's restaraunt guide on my phone to decide what to have. Managed to get the Pot Roast Stroganoff for 11.5 points and 5.5 points for a piece of garlic bread. I was under my limit for the day. I know what you mean though about using the weekly points. I definetly lose better the less of those I use.

My WI wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I only gained half a pound. Before I left I told my DH that no matter what the result, I was happy because I put on a pair of Size 1.5 Chico jeans and they are much too loose so the weight ( fat) has continued to move away from my middle. Now if I can manage to make great choices, and track faithfully, I hope to lose 5 more pounds before the upcoming trip to Spain and the TA cruise in 4 weeks. I will consider the past few weeks my binge time and know that I do not want to put all my hard work in jeopardy. As my leader is fond of saying, "If you always do what you always did, you will continue to get what you always got!" It is time to get serious about a new me.

Nikki

Congrats on a great weight loss. That exercise is really paying off for you!

I have a WI at noon today for the first time since Aug 22. I think I am up between 2 and 3 pounds ,but could be in for a shock! I didn't track faithfully, had more than my normal amount of wine, ate out a number of times, and indulged more than once. On the positive side, I walked a lot, and used the treadmill on rainy days. I know that I don't lose if I start with my extra points and I had to have done that at least one of the weeks. Without tracking properly, it is hard to know. I will post here this afternoon in order to get the motivation I am going to need in order to stay in the game.

Nikki

Thanks, Nikki! And, your weight gain was minimal....so I'm glad you're re-committing to WW. That's what we're all here for...motivation!!:)

So proud of everyone. So far I've now hit 48 lbs and have 1 lb to goal, but I might go a few more pounds and keep it off!! I refuse to go back to where I was. Gonna be prancing around in my old bikinis on my trip. :D Bought myself a nice pair of jeans and that's gonna make me stick to my goal, because I will not grow out of a pair of jeans I paid over $125 for LOL

Everyone keep it up and let's see what next week brings us

So proud of everyone. So far I've now hit 48 lbs and have 1 lb to goal, but I might go a few more pounds and keep it off!! I refuse to go back to where I was. Gonna be prancing around in my old bikinis on my trip. :D Bought myself a nice pair of jeans and that's gonna make me stick to my goal, because I will not grow out of a pair of jeans I paid over $125 for LOL

Everyone keep it up and let's see what next week brings us

It's time to treat youself...you deserve it!:p

Kudos to everyone on their recent weight losses. :)

I had my weigh-in yesterday and was only down a half pound. So bummed as I worked really hard and expected a little more. I will just keep on- keeping on.

I did start to buy some Halloween candy this week and made sure to select all of the kinds that I do not like. I figure if there is any leftover, I can just send it into work with my husband to put in their office candy dish. :D Out of sight.... out of mind.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cari

Kudos to everyone on their recent weight losses. :)

I had my weigh-in yesterday and was only down a half pound. So bummed as I worked really hard and expected a little more. I will just keep on- keeping on.

I did start to buy some Halloween candy this week and made sure to select all of the kinds that I do not like. I figure if there is any leftover, I can just send it into work with my husband to put in their office candy dish. :D Out of sight.... out of mind.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cari

Cari, never put ONLY in front of a weight loss!!:p You lost and that is so much better than gaining!!

And, great idea on the Halloween candy. Most people start with Halloween and never get back on program until after the New Year. I try and buy little boxes of raisins, along with tootsie pops or another type of sucker, and little wash off tattoos to give to the little treaters.

I'm on a mini-vacation and trying to enjoy it without totally blowing my weight loss. The walking (shopping!) helps!:o:D

Dangit. Meeting at work this morning and boss brought in bagels and I just had another 1/2 for lunch. Too much bread today, but ok, crave is over. Working out tonight as usual and keep up with it. Might be just veggies for dinner. Pretty close to the daily points. I was .7 from goal last week and I am not going to mess that up :)

Went to weigh in this morning. Lost another 1.2 pounds. That makes 19.4 since June (when I joined) and a total of 41.2 since I started trying to lose. It was more than I expected, which was nice.

I can't imagine being .7 from goal! I've ever only gotten to within about 50 pounds of goal. I am praying that THIS will be the time I make it. Primarily because I think I finally have it set in my mind that this is what I will have to do for the rest of my life. There's no going back to the way I used to eat.

Edited by bunchesofun

Went to weigh in this morning. Lost another 1.2 pounds. That makes 19.4 since June (when I joined) and a total of 41.2 since I started trying to lose. It was more than I expected, which was nice.

I can't imagine being .7 from goal! I've ever only gotten to within about 50 pounds of goal. I am praying that THIS will be the time I make it. Primarily because I think I finally have it set in my mind that this is what I will have to do for the rest of my life. There's no going back to the way I used to eat.

I hear you on this!. That was exactly my frame of mind when I rejoined this year too. And even with some ups and downs, I am keeping to it. I lost the half pound I put on last week when I weighed in on Wednesday. I will not see too much loss next week because everyone continues to bring treats into the house ( we are having a weeklong family reunion) but I am not eating them like I previously would have- trying to control the sweet tooth. They will all be gone by Sunday and then the total tracking can begin again. I figure a week of bingeing is not going to bring a loss but it is also not going to stop me from continuing on this new way of eating either. The goal is within reach and I will reach it and maintain it for the rest of my life.

Congrats to all the losers.

Nikki

I just joined Weight Watchers Online a couple of weeks ago after having little success this year losing weight and being (at the time I joined) a little over six weeks from my cruise and still 13 lbs. above goal.

The points system has worked well for me so far; was down 2.4 lbs. on the first weigh-in and 1.8 on the second. This morning, I was down only 0.2 lbs. from last Saturday, but, hey, a loss is a loss.

Don't know how I'm going to this coming week because we have friends visiting from out of town, and that means theme park visits and meals out. We went to Food & Wine Festival at Epcot today. Try tracking points from that! But we left early afternoon, and I managed to get in a bike ride, so hopefully that didn't hurt me too much.

Now four weeks out from our cruise, with 8.6 lbs. to go. If I get close to goal by the time we leave, I'll be satisfied. I'm already closer than I've been all year. Will probably gain some back on the cruise, but hopefully I'll be able to lose it before the holidays roll around.

Hi everyone! I finally for back into WW 2 months ago after falling odd the wagon. My daughter and I went together. We both were doing so well until vacation 2 weeks ago. I've gained 5 lbs and I'm so embarrassed. Basically because I had losses 4 weeks straight and now this. So I haven't been back. I know this is wrong but I want to lose before I go back. But its so much harder tryin.g to lose without the weigh in and meetings weekly. Started back tracking today. So my Meeting is Thursday evening @ 6p and I will be there....loss or not. I've realized that's what WW is all about.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

You can't skip meetings, even if you don't stay for them, you have to check in. It's fixed point that if you've gained, from that point on it's in the past and not to be worried about. I have 9 weeks until we sail, and I'd hoped to lose a total of 25 by cruise date, and so far I've lost 19.4. So I really hope I'll make it.

Last night we picked my dh up at the airport from a trip to CA for his 35th high school reunion. We went out to eat at a Perkins. I chose a french dip sandwich with a side salad (low fat Italian dressing), but darned if I didn't get sucked into having a giant muffin with everyone else. Looked it up when I got home and it was 15 points! I still had weekly points available (and have still more left) so technically I did no wrong, but still, I need to show more self control than that if I'm going to survive on the cruise without putting masses of weight back on. I'm prepared to put on a little, but do NOT want to back track by more than 5 pounds. I mean, I have over 100 left to lose and I'm only losing a little over a pound a week. That would set me back by a month, which I don't want to do.

Somewhere I have a notebook where I was going over the cruise menus and trying to track out points of all the meals so I could look at it and decide before hand what I was going to eat. I need to dig that out and work on it some more.

You're right bunchesof fun. I need to go.and at least weigh in. I was out of town for one week but there's no excuse for the other 2. I do know Carnival has the Spa menu. Those are lighter choices for is that are weight conscious. Even have desserts. And they taste wonderful. There is a site that has all of the ship menus.....can't think of the name eight now. When I do I'll post it. You are doing so well. 15 points is a lot for a muffin but thank goodness for the weekly points!

Yeah, I have the link saved. Earlier this year I took a notebook, looked at each choice and tried to figure out for example, how many oz of meat in a serving of flat iron steak and things like that. Figured if I had the points worked out in advance (to the best of my ability) I could make better choices. I did that with a drink menu too, but just not sure how big the glasses are that they use. Most places give stats for 4 oz drinks and I think Carnival's are more like 8 oz drinks so that's double the points. I know I won't be having more than one drink a day :( because of points. I have to stick to cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, then whatever I've chosen for supper. That should keep me within points if I'm careful at supper time.

Last year I made moat of my own drinks using algae free mixers. Brought my Baja Bobs and Crystal Light along with diet Sprite. Had easy access to oj. Just took my cup to breakfast and filled it with juice. Ordered vodka and rum fr O cruise om BonVoyage and that was in the cabin when we arrived. Had 3 and 4 point drinks depending on how much alcohol I added. But its still better than the bar drinks and cheaper too! :) I cruise May 14,2013 and want to be down 30-40 lbs by then.

I just joined Weight Watchers Online a couple of weeks ago after having little success this year losing weight and being (at the time I joined) a little over six weeks from my cruise and still 13 lbs. above goal.

The points system has worked well for me so far; was down 2.4 lbs. on the first weigh-in and 1.8 on the second. This morning, I was down only 0.2 lbs. from last Saturday, but, hey, a loss is a loss.

Don't know how I'm going to this coming week because we have friends visiting from out of town, and that means theme park visits and meals out. We went to Food & Wine Festival at Epcot today. Try tracking points from that! But we left early afternoon, and I managed to get in a bike ride, so hopefully that didn't hurt me too much.

Now four weeks out from our cruise, with 8.6 lbs. to go. If I get close to goal by the time we leave, I'll be satisfied. I'm already closer than I've been all year. Will probably gain some back on the cruise, but hopefully I'll be able to lose it before the holidays roll around.

Sometimes "managing" is all you can do, and it sounds as though you did great! Good job!!:D

You can't skip meetings, even if you don't stay for them, you have to check in. It's fixed point that if you've gained, from that point on it's in the past and not to be worried about. I have 9 weeks until we sail, and I'd hoped to lose a total of 25 by cruise date, and so far I've lost 19.4. So I really hope I'll make it.

Last night we picked my dh up at the airport from a trip to CA for his 35th high school reunion. We went out to eat at a Perkins. I chose a french dip sandwich with a side salad (low fat Italian dressing), but darned if I didn't get sucked into having a giant muffin with everyone else. Looked it up when I got home and it was 15 points! I still had weekly points available (and have still more left) so technically I did no wrong, but still, I need to show more self control than that if I'm going to survive on the cruise without putting masses of weight back on. I'm prepared to put on a little, but do NOT want to back track by more than 5 pounds. I mean, I have over 100 left to lose and I'm only losing a little over a pound a week. That would set me back by a month, which I don't want to do.

Somewhere I have a notebook where I was going over the cruise menus and trying to track out points of all the meals so I could look at it and decide before hand what I was going to eat. I need to dig that out and work on it some more.

Thank you! I know you weren't addressing your response to me, but I felt it anyway! :o The Saint (DH) and I took a 3 day trip to the mountains, so I didn't go weigh in when we returned on Tuesday. And, I should have!! I will be there tomorrow night, and although the picture might not be pretty, I'm weighing in!!:D

I'm having that kind of week as well. Picked dh up at the airport after a trip to CA, and we stopped for supper on the way home. I did great until I succumed to a large Perkins chocolate chip muffin (15 points!). Then dh brought home 20 tacos from Jack in the Box, a chain we miss out here in Ohio. I was counting them like the home made tacos I make and AFTER I ate them I checked Dottie's weight loss zone restaurant chart and they were 5 points each. Then last night had a small piece of birthday cake. So now it's only Sunday (I weight on Thursdays) and I've used all my weekly extra points. My weight is up a little and I don't know what will happen on Thursday, but I have to take my own medicine and go to the meeting regardless of what I think will happen.

Edited by bunchesofun