Athens X-96 Airport bus

jrorth

Has anyone used this bus to airport?

Looks good on paper - 3.50 euro versus 64 dollars for the cruise line's transfer.

We travel light and can walk to bus stop, but if it is a hassle or the buses get overcrowded it may not be worth it.

Thanks for your input

We used this bus last fall to go from the airport to a hotel near the port. It is a commuter bus but we had no problems. The bus was crowded but there was space for our luggage, we each had two rolling suitcases and hand luggage. I made a sign, copying the greek from the internet, so I could let the driver know where I wanted to get off. You would not need that because you are going end station to end station. The walk to the bus station can be a ways but doable. Check the internet to familiarize yourself with where you want to go. Google for the "Piraeus port" and they have a map of the port. Also "google maps" is good for research. Most cruise ships dock at gate E10 by the international passenger terminal. The bus terminal for bus 96 is near gate E8. There are public buses the run along the port. We have walked this in the past and taken the bus, so its up to how you feel. Also there will be taxi's there.

Most people don't speak english in the port area, but if you look for younger people in their early twenties or late teens the usually speak some english and are eager to help if you need directions or other assistance.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for delay.

Thanks for your help.

I think we will give the bus a try unless the ship is late disembarking

I would use the metro, but I have heard that the line that goes to the airport will be shut down due to construction about this time.

Archived