Emerald Princess "Added Fee Dining" Reviews

teeoc79

Since food is so subjective, you'll probably get about half the people that prefer Sabbatini's and half that prefer Crown Grill. I'm a fan of Crown Grill myself. Every time we cruise we go to CG at least once. The filet has always been done to perfection and I love the Black and Blue onion soup!

The first time we cruised, we tried both Crown Grill and Sabbatini's. I ordered the lobster tail at Sabbatini's and didn't care for it at all. I ended up giving it to my husband and he thoroughly enjoyed it -- like I said, subjective!

We as a rule go to both Sabatinis and Crown Grill on a 10-14 day cruise. We enjoy the ambiance of both venues. In fact we go to one of them on the first night to begin our vacation in a quiet calm atmosphere as opposed to the hub bub of first night dining. We choose any time dining and the dining rooms are usually such crowded venues in the ATD rooms we do not dine there on the first night.

We believe both are a must do at least once.

We prefer the Crown Grill for the steaks/rack o lamb/mussels.

Great atmosphere as well. :)

Both are well worth the $$$.

We did both last October on the Ruby Princess Mediterranean/TA 18 day. We much preferred the Crown Grill. Also, the Chef's Table was superb!!

We were on the Emerald Princess in April this year. We quite enjoyed our dinner in the Crown Grill. So much so that we went back for a second time a few nights later. The service and food were very good. Well worth the extra money.

They shouldn't be missed. We've done Sabatini's on every cruise and finally got around to trying the Crown Grill on our last cruise. Neither have disappointed and we had a great time and great food in both - well worth the extra money for the overall experience.

Another special option is the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. We enjoyed that on our Crown Princess cruise to Aruba and Curacao in December. If we're lucky enough to receive a visit from the Upgrade Fairy on our upcoming cruise and get a balcony, we'll do it again.

I've done the Crown Grill and Sabatini's (old menu) and I much prefer the Crown Grill. There've been reviews that some dishes/meals haven't been special or not that great so perhaps it has to do with what I order, i.e., French onion soup and small filet mignon. Both have been excellent no matter which ship I've been on and much better than what I've been served in the dining room. The bread and rolls are delicious but I try to stay away from them because I'll get too full. While I love shrimp and lobster, I'm not fond of most fish so Sabatini's isn't really my thing. I never have lobster on a ship because it's never the same as fresh-caught steamed lobster. Guess that makes me a lobster snob, and don't get me started on what passes for maple syrup most places. :)

Another option if you like eating in the room is ordering off the dining room menu for delivery at no extra charge. They'll now give you anything that's being prepared that night.

Is this fleet wide now? I hope so.....we're booked on the Crown in January, and would love this option!

Sabatinis is my favorite of the two. I like the way they present each course as well as the courses themselves. I have always though either one is a great place to have a private, maybe romantic, meal.

I think the next step for Sabatinis would be if they could develop a 5 to 7 course degustation menu with a wine paring option. It's a fun way to eat and experience what the chefs have to offer.:p

I love real maple syrup. ;)

Larry

Is this fleet wide now? I hope so.....we're booked on the Crown in January, and would love this option!
The only way to order anything other than the regular limited room service menu is to book a full suite. Anything else is a true special order and if you do, I'd tip the room service extravagantly because it's way above and beyond what they are usually capable of doing. It takes a lot of special effort because with the buffet open until late in the evening, unlike other cruise lines, Princess room service isn't set up to serve full or dining rooms meals.

They offered it on the Emerald last Nov and on the Crown in April but neither time did I order for the room- I only called to ask if it was available. There was also nothing printed to let people know it was an option and they did say that it might take up to 45 minutes for delivery.

There's something that doesn't trill me about eating in the cabin although I suppose you could eat on the balcony if you have one, provided you could manage to fit items on the small balcony table they now have.

Another thing is that they probably just bring all the food covered & you serve yourself unlike the ultimate balcony dinner where they serve you.

They offered it on the Emerald last Nov and on the Crown in April but neither time did I order for the room- I only called to ask if it was available. There was also nothing printed to let people know it was an option and they did say that it might take up to 45 minutes for delivery.

There's something that doesn't trill me about eating in the cabin although I suppose you could eat on the balcony if you have one, provided you could manage to fit items on the small balcony table they now have.

Another thing is that they probably just bring all the food covered & you serve yourself unlike the ultimate balcony dinner where they serve you.

We have an aft cabin so I would love to eat out there. We already plan to do the UBD, but since you posted the MDR food was available thru room service, I just wanted to clarify if it was in fact fleet wide.

We have an aft cabin so I would love to eat out there. We already plan to do the UBD, but since you posted the MDR food was available thru room service, I just wanted to clarify if it was in fact fleet wide.

Now that would sound much better than eating on a regular balcony. Just check out the menu during the day & make notes what to order. I'd go over board & order an extra dinner to split & extra desserts if you're unsure how much they'll give you. ;)

I've done the Crown Grill and Sabatini's (old menu) and I much prefer the Crown Grill. There've been reviews that some dishes/meals haven't been special or not that great so perhaps it has to do with what I order, i.e., French onion soup and small filet mignon. Both have been excellent no matter which ship I've been on and much better than what I've been served in the dining room. The bread and rolls are delicious but I try to stay away from them because I'll get too full. While I love shrimp and lobster, I'm not fond of most fish so Sabatini's isn't really my thing. I never have lobster on a ship because it's never the same as fresh-caught steamed lobster. Guess that makes me a lobster snob, and don't get me started on what passes for maple syrup most places. :)

LOL :D I know what you mean!

Archived