Zuiderdam Internet charges no more $99

CoronaCRZR

Just boarded the Zuiderdam this morning.

Was hoping to get the $99 unlimited special they had last week.

Well, guess I should have been cruising last week.

New pricing is as follows:

$60 for 24 Hour (1 day usage) not 24 hrs troughout the cruise

$249 unlimited throughout the 11 day trip

Feel a bit screwed compared to last weeks pricing:mad:

But still havinbg a great tine aboard the beautiful Zuiderdam !!

oh darn it anyways - they still had the regular internet packages though, right?:confused:

I was really hoping this would reach to our cruise - but it looks like it is not to be.

I agree - it does sound like they are 'feeling' their way around the price point.

Have a great time and thanks for reporting in:D

Just boarded the Zuiderdam this morning.

Was hoping to get the $99 unlimited special they had last week.

Well, guess I should have been cruising last week.

New pricing is as follows:

$60 for 24 Hour (1 day usage) not 24 hrs troughout the cruise

$249 unlimited throughout the 11 day trip

Feel a bit screwed compared to last weeks pricing:mad:

But still havinbg a great tine aboard the beautiful Zuiderdam !!

Searching for a price point??? that is quite a wild search--from $99 for the cruise to $60 for 24 hours to $249 for the cruise. wow--no thanks, I'll take my chances in port. They might also be searching for their butts at the same time--just as likely to work out!

ML

$60 for 24 hours sounds like a rotten deal. I doubt they will get many takers for that offer. How many people want to spend a large portion of a day of their cruise on the internet? Will they give you a refund if the internet is spotty that day?

oh darn it anyways - they still had the regular internet packages though, right?:confused:

I was really hoping this would reach to our cruise - but it looks like it is not to be.

I agree - it does sound like they are 'feeling' their way around the price point.

Have a great time and thanks for reporting in:D

Oh my gosh I hope they still have the other plan :eek: That is absolutely crazy pricing. I thought the $99.00 was too good to be true but that $249.00 is insane and $60 for $24 hours...Come on now. If they are not allowing by the minutes I would venture to bet NO ONE will buy an Internet package. We will be on board for 11 days exactly and I am not about to pay that much. If that is the case I want the old plan back then I can decide how much and how many minutes I will use. I normally spend right about the $100 to $125 to do my Live From the Ship reports. I am not about to pay double. Thankfully most of the cruise will be Alaska and my cell phone will get me Internet and I just will do very brief report via Tapa Talk instead. That or I hope in 4 weeks they get their act together and figure out that is way too high.

$60 for 24 hours sounds like a rotten deal. I doubt they will get many takers for that offer. How many people want to spend a large portion of a day of their cruise on the internet? Will they give you a refund if the internet is spotty that day?

Exactly.

No, no wait. That's a great deal. Only works out to .041 cents per minute.

Of course you will need to spend the whole 24 hours surfing the net to make it worth while. Who wouldn't want to do that? (Not me!)

Yeah, I feel like the guy being tested here....

I had to take the plan as I need to be able to get on for my work, but going from $99 to $249 was quite the shocker .

What a whopping change.

And, NO there are NO other plans. It is $60/ 24hr or $249 unlimited.

I really feel HAL is sticking it to me this time

Ted

I had to take the plan as I need to be able to get on for my work, but going from $99 to $249 was quite the shocker .

What a whopping change.

Ted

That's Crazy..I:eek: can't believe many would buy a $249 plan for 7 days unless it was for business..On our long cruise, I purchased a plan..(forgot which one) & then purchased something like 15-20 min more, which was advertised in the daily program..It worked out well for us..This was our first time purchasing minutes as when we're on the shorter cruises, we don't bother with surfing the WEB or e-mail..

Cheers..Betty

That's Crazy..I:eek: can't believe many would buy a $249 plan for 7 days unless it was for business..On our long cruise, I purchased a plan..(forgot which one) & then purchased something like 15-20 min more, which was advertised in the daily program..It worked out well for us..This was our first time purchasing minutes as when we're on the shorter cruises, we don't bother with surfing the WEB or e-mail..

Cheers..Betty

The $249 was for 11 days. Doesn't make it that much better, though.

:confused: UGH, we are leaving next week on the Zuiderdam for 18 days, I wonder what the price will be for that one. This is the first time that we are taking a laptop and interested in the purchase. It is along time to be away from home without any contact for the DH's elderly parents. I was thinking it would be around $200. I am not sure about trying to find it at the ports, so will probably just have to bite the bullet and pay the price.

No $0.75 by-the-minute option? If just those two it sounds to me like people will be staying away in droves! I wouldn't take either.

:confused: UGH, we are leaving next week on the Zuiderdam for 18 days, I wonder what the price will be for that one. This is the first time that we are taking a laptop and interested in the purchase. It is along time to be away from home without any contact for the DH's elderly parents. I was thinking it would be around $200. I am not sure about trying to find it at the ports, so will probably just have to bite the bullet and pay the price.

Teri, I hope they realize what a HUGE mistake they have made this voyage to be able to correct for yours, I am waiting to hear what happens for you. Hopefully if the cost is not crazy you can let us know. I board for 11 days when the Zuiderdam arrives in San Diego.

I honestly cannot see that very many would purchase either of these packages unless like mentioned they had to for work. I am not so sure it would not be cheaper to go with my Mobile carriers plan and must use my phone for short segments of time. But I will say that if they keep the $249 price for your 18 day that might not be a bad deal. That is only $13.83 per day and if unlimited not a bad deal but if they try to charge you $400+ for 18 days then that would be wrong.

I actually thought the $99.99 price was too low especially for a 10 day cruise and could see this for maybe a 7 day cruise and of course that $60 price is just insane. I am hoping for a happy medium between the two. :o

What a whopping change.

Ted

Well, that's really great!!! NOT!!!!

Just mere months ago, HAL Mariners Society created a Five Star level and one of the benefits they provided for this group of very high day Mariners is a 50% discount off a 100 MINUTE INTERNET PACKAGE. Before it has barely begun they just took it away.

Now that's appreciation to their high day Mariners. :D :Sigh: (all sarcasm intended).

First we watched as they took benefits from suite guests and provided them to Three and Four Star Mariners. Now, as Five Star Mariners, we watch them take benefit away before it barely even began.

How dare they give benefits to slugs that book balconies for twice the price (single supp) and then give us benefits after 200 days:rolleyes:. We all have choices about the accomodations we book.

It will be interesting to see if they back off that stupid price. The internet s/b really quick with no one on it:D.

Archived