Whats the funniest thing that has ever happened to you on a Cruise ?

Tizzy

I was just thinking about our last day on our recent Cruise on Azura.

We were in a rush to get everything organised on the last morning and I decided to have a shower while my husband went to the Immigration meeting ready for our departure in Barbados. I was happily having a shower when I heard the cabin door open and the next thing I was in complete darkness ! My husband had forgotten his key card, opened the door and taken it out of its holder on the wall, leaving me absolutely stranded, by accident, or so he says !!! in the shower. Trust me it is very dark in the shower when the lights go out.

I was also convinced someone was in the cabin so it was all a bit scary.

He wasn't a popular husband when he got back !

Hasn't happened to me but I just love being out a bit later on the last night as you bump into the half or whole naked people putting their luggage outside the door of their cabins. The door always closes and they have to knock to be let back in. It is so funny.

On our last cruise there was one man who tried to camouflage himself up against the cabin door, pretending he wasn't there, as we walked past giggling. :D

We were in a rush to get everything organised on the last morning and I decided to have a shower while my husband went to the Immigration meeting ready for our departure in Barbados. I was happily having a shower when I heard the cabin door open and the next thing I was in complete darkness ! My husband had forgotten his key card, opened the door and taken it out of its holder on the wall, leaving me absolutely stranded, by accident, or so he says !!! in the shower. Trust me it is very dark in the shower when the lights go out.

The tip we were given is that any card will work the lights even your tesco card:cool:

Wish I had known that at the time Bazer ! All I can say is Thank God for my tiny torch I always carry with me as I had to continue my shower by torchlight. Looking back the whole experience makes me laugh but at the time trying to find anything in the pitch black was a nightmare. I had locked myself in as well so that didn't help matters.

Never seen anyone putting their stuff out wilson2759. I always leave that job to my husband.

My experience was both funny ( after the fact) and painful.

I was sailing from Sydney to Hawaii via French Polynesia with my OH, my brother and his wife.

Just a couple of days out I found myself in the ships intensive care with pneumonia and was put on a breathing apparatus and given other medication.

Then I was set free :D and confined to my stateroom...with the breathing apparatus. The night before arriving in Papeete the Compass was delivered and it stated that the language spoken was French and French Polynesian with maybe a smattering of English.

My sister-in-law panicked and came to my room the following morning after we had docked. She begged me to try and sneak off the ship as I was the only French speaking one. So I went...breathing 'thingy' as well. It was straight to a large cafe as most everything else was closed and they asked me to order what they wanted. So trying very hard to breathe I managed to tell the waitress what they wanted. She replied :

" Okay dokey, be back in about 10 minutes " :D

Apparently she came from Manchester !!!....back to the ship I went !

Just a thought - how did your husband open the door again if he didn't have his key card? :D

Hello Essexlass2

We had two ! One each. Although why he needed both of them I really don't know. I will ask him !

On other ships we have both had to go up for the immigration process. This was the first time I didn't have to be up at the crack of dawn and a much better system all round.

Another of those 'funny now, not at the time' ones. My new husband was going through the x-ray type machine to board QM2 in Brooklyn for our honeymoon TA home and the beeper went off. 'Oh that'll be my new wedding ring' he jokes - no wedding ring to be seen! He was so worried about scratching it that he'd taken it off to shower that morning & left it in the hotel!

3 weeks later, said ring arrives home having been found in the hotel and sent back on the next Eastbound crossing! He was so worried I'd immediately divorce him for losing the ring!

We're thinking of doing another TA next year for our 5th wedding anniversary ....

My friend and I were on a Norwegian Fjords cruise last year and had an early morning excursion booked so we ordered room service breakfast.

It was still dark as my friend woke me. Quick says she we have overslept, it's half past seven. I thought we must have slept through delivery of breakfast and looked outside the door to see if it had been left there but no. I jumped in the shower then heard my friend banging on the door.

Turned out it was only half past three! She had put her phone on mobile roam and for some reason it had picked up Newfoundland time. Not quite sure how we didn't wake up rest of ship with our giggling. The thought of us running through the ship trying to find the disembarkation point at three thirty in the morning had we not discovered our mistake still makes me giggle now!:)

Hello 601suec. I am really enjoying all these stories.

Yours reminded me of all the people who forget to change their clocks when the hour goes back etc. I have seen many people walk into Church at the end of the Service instead of the beginning. We always have problems with the children ringing at odd times as they are always in a different part of the World to us.

When you get your steward to supply a bottle of something for your room, you get your ice bucket replenished every evening. Unfortunately it was always at the time I was having my shower ready for our dinner(1st sitting)

The first time the little man came with the ice, I was in the shower and my hubbie was sitting on the balcony asleep. He knocked but husband was oblivious and I wasnt about to answer door dripping wet! So he opened the cabin door and went over to the ice bucket and tried to open the bathroom door which luckily I'd locked! The ice-man called out that he wanted to empty the bucket but the funny thing was after I shouted - "Sorry I'm having a shower!" The reply came back - "Don't worry - I'l be quick!"

I made my husband meet him at the door with an empty bucket every night after that!!

Archived