Paris to Normandy - Late Oct-Early Nov or wait for Spring?

TargetsMom

Hello, all. I am thinking of booking AmaWaterways AmaLyra (Paris to Normandy) but one of our traveling companions can only go on the Oct. 25 or Nov. 1 sailings this year. Otherwise, it would have to be next Spring.

Considering the weather that we are likely to experience in Northern France during the last week of Oct. or first week of November, would you sail this year or wait until Spring? Two of the four people involved are 86 years old so I kind of hate to postpone the trip for several months. You never know, ya know ... ?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

The gardens at Giverny, which are one of the highlights of the cruise, usually close on Nov. 30, so you should still be able to have this experience, although the blooms won't be as impressive. I prefer France in the spring, rather than November, but I still go to Europe in the winter.

We went in late October 2015. We went then because of lower cruise prices and free air through Viking. The gardens were open and very pretty though obviously past their prime. Make sure the gardens will be open. I thought they closed at the end of October. The fall colors along the river were nice. We had good weather though some cold days.

We went in late October 2015. We went then because of lower cruise prices and free air through Viking. The gardens were open and very pretty though obviously past their prime. Make sure the gardens will be open. I thought they closed at the end of October. The fall colors along the river were nice. We had good weather though some cold days.

Oh yes, you are correct, I just checked the dates on the web site for Giverny and for 2017 they are open March 24th through November 1st. This was such a highlight for me on this sailing, that I'd try to structure my trip with the gardens in mind.