Towel Animals

We didn't have any the 7 nights we were on LOS (1st cruise with RCCL). We just thought that was another thing they did away with. That was the first time we never received them on a cruise and it was a bummer. No Cruise Compass left in our room either. We found those at Guest Services each morning. :confused:

Sounds like your steward wasn't doing good job if you weren't even getting the Compass.

• 8 months later...

I absolutely LOVE the towel animals! It's always fun to come back to your cabin and see what surprise they have for you. Especially with the grandkids. We cruised RCI Jan 2015 and no towel animals? I asked our cabin steward and he said you have to request them. We got them after that My grand daughter was very happy! Taking a different granddaughter in Sept. Are they doing the towel animals at all now?

I love the towel animals too. If I cruised with children they would be appreciated. But for several years now I've been telling my cabin attendant to skip them and take the time for himself.

I can't imagine how long it must take them to make animals for all their cabins every day! It takes me forever just to fold fancy napkins for a holiday dinner. Someone mentioned all the extra laundry it creates and the towel inventory that is tied up in animals just sitting on folks' couches.

We didn't have any the 7 nights we were on LOS (1st cruise with RCCL). We just thought that was another thing they did away with. That was the first time we never received them on a cruise and it was a bummer. No Cruise Compass left in our room either. We found those at Guest Services each morning. :confused:

We had them every night on LOS last year. Our steward even made us two one day because hubby knocked him off by accident Hope they didn't do away with them. I am looking forward to them in October