FTTF and Luggage Limit

villagenut

Because we have a 13 and 15 year old traveling with us, we booked two cabins and we were not able to get FTTF for one. I have already posted about this in another thread... ANYWAY. Is there any reason or rule that would prevent us from tagging all luggage to the same cabin that has FTTF so it will be available when we board ship. Since they don't have FTTF, we can just store everything in our cabin until their room is ready correct?

It is called scamming but feel free, since most people on this site thinks scamming/cheating/smuggling is ok, since rules don't apply to them. Why should you use the service on all your luggage that you did not pay for? I suppose all the people who actually paid for the service can have their luggage delayed so you can use the service for both cabins.

Because we have a 13 and 15 year old traveling with us, we booked two cabins and we were not able to get FTTF for one. I have already posted about this in another thread... ANYWAY. Is there any reason or rule that would prevent us from tagging all luggage to the same cabin that has FTTF so it will be available when we board ship. Since they don't have FTTF, we can just store everything in our cabin until their room is ready correct?

We also do not buy FTTF because we have our teenage kids in another cabin. If you did the luggage with FTTF, wouldn't that still leave the 13 and 15 year old alone to check in at the dock? Would just you and your husband go on the ship first?

tw67, we have two cabins, Myself and 15 year old assigned to one, and we got FTTF for this cabin. My wife and 13 year old assigned to separate cabin. We were unable to purchase FTTF for this cabin. We have tried for months. So, we basically have 3 luggage items to check. We do not pack one bag per person, we try to combine when possible. So i am trying to figure out if there is a limit to the number of bags per person that can be checked using FTTF. I see no need to "not check one" if there isn't a rule because all our stuff is mixed and mingled anyway.

Ahhh!! My oldest is 19, so he can be in the cabin with the 14 year old, so we don't have to have my husband in one, and me in the other. When we fly (except on Southwest!) my husband is nicknamed the Packing ****, so we have all of our clothes co-mingled. Since I have never done FTTF, I can't answer the question on limits, but I am sure three bags, with two people is more than acceptable.

I have been trying to figure out if buying FTTF for my husband and I was ever worth it. If I did, then I would tell the kids to just meet us on the ship, Mom is on vacation.... ;)

Carnival suggests a max of 2 bags per person for a 7 day cruise which would be 4 bags in one room. So I think you could have all 3 of your bags tagged for FTTF and be ethically okay. If you were trying to check 8 bags this way, then that would be pretty douchey.

Pack and manage your checked luggage any way you prefer. Be sure to remind the porter to put an orange sticker on all bags that are to be delivered to the cabin that has FTTF.

Don't be surprised if they don't all arrive at the same time.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ultra, i totally agree, there is no way i would check 8 bags to one room. I am truly not trying to scam, i am just trying to operate within the rules and limits allowed by the line. I did reread the suggestions that you refer to and it does say 2 bags per person for 7 day cruise. We are on a 7 day so i'm guessing cutting back from a suggested 8 to an actual of 3 shouldn't ruffle any feathers.

Okay, I like the rules just as much as others, but (gosh I'm gonna get lit for this) the OP basically said that they have packed their checked luggage as a family. So their stuff is inter mingled probably to conserve space and keep from packing too much luggage. So, it is a technicality, but its there. I mean TBH, the last couple times I've had F2F my luggage got delayed anyway. My friends, who didn't have it, got theirs first (I mean they were on deck 2 and we were 6).

I totally believe people have ALREADY been doing this, they just don't post about on CC and get blasted for it. People will always find a way around the system.

Just non-cruise examples: Work for a retailer for side cash and people will buy rebate items (big ticket stuff) and send for the rebate, get the money or gift card, then bring back the item to us (we don't have a return cut off for most items). They are taking advantage, but technically...............it's allowed

You shouldn't have any problem checking in 3 bags to your cabin with FTTF. I've seen plenty more than 3 bags delivered to a single cabin. Sorry about all the negative comments here. Cruise critic really is a very helpful and friendly place. You just have to ignore the "cruise police" that like to criticize every post for every minor infraction of the rules they feel everyone should strictly adhere to. Some people like to make inflammatory statements just to start something. I've found the best way to handle them is to not respond to them or even acknowledge their comments. You don't owe them or anyone else an explanation of your situation. That being said, most cruisers have 1-2 bags each. A cabin for 2 having 3 or 4 bags is pretty normal. There's nothing wrong with checking 3 bags into one cabin with FTTF. You paid for that perk, use it. :)

This just thread just made me think of something...If I had FTTF for just my husband and I, could I still just stay in the area with my kids, and not take advantage of the getting on the ship sooner, but still take advantage of the smaller line at the desk, etc....?

This just thread just made me think of something...If I had FTTF for just my husband and I, could I still just stay in the area with my kids, and not take advantage of the getting on the ship sooner, but still take advantage of the smaller line at the desk, etc....?

Yes.

Okay, I like the rules just as much as others, but (gosh I'm gonna get lit for this) the OP basically said that they have packed their checked luggage as a family. ...

I concur. I might be among the first to remind people to "Read the damn sign", but in this case, one room already has FTTF priority and it seems to me it would be easy as pie to stash all the family's bags in that one room. Who is it actually hurting? Nobody at all that I can see.

I concur. I might be among the first to remind people to "Read the damn sign", but in this case, one room already has FTTF priority and it seems to me it would be easy as pie to stash all the family's bags in that one room. Who is it actually hurting? Nobody at all that I can see.

I guess there is bending the rules and then there is down right breaking them. Not paying for f2F or earning P or D status and still walking through closed doors with a sign that states you CAN'T and dropping off your luggage...................

I guess there is bending the rules and then there is down right breaking them. Not paying for f2F or earning P or D status and still walking through closed doors with a sign that states you CAN'T and dropping off your luggage...................

In this case you've got part of a family having FTTF, and not breaking the rules by taking baggage to their ready room, and part of the same family not having. If in this case they "break the rules" by dropping a few more bags off in the same FTTF room -- I ask again, exactly who or what does it hurt? A hallway door gets opened, a few bags of luggage get rolled down the hall and deposited into one room. No, in this case, for the sake of family togetherness, I don't think at all that the principle is all that sacred.

Pack and manage your checked luggage any way you prefer. Be sure to remind the porter to put an orange sticker on all bags that are to be delivered to the cabin that has FTTF.

Don't be surprised if they don't all arrive at the same time.

Enjoy your cruise!

This is our first cruise as Platinum, Do we also need to remind the porters to put an orange sticker on our bags?

In my experience with FTTF, my bags didn't seem to be delivered to my room any sooner than the general luggage. The benefit was being able to bring my carry-on luggage with me when I boarded the ship and taking it directly to my room. I see no reason you couldn't carry on whatever luggage that meets the carry-on requirements and take it all to the room that is linked to your FTTF. If you are talking about tagging your luggage to be delivered, then I really don't think tagging them with the FTTF gives you much, if any, advantage.

It is called scamming but feel free, since most people on this site thinks scamming/cheating/smuggling is ok, since rules don't apply to them. Why should you use the service on all your luggage that you did not pay for? I suppose all the people who actually paid for the service can have their luggage delayed so you can use the service for both cabins.

Why are you calling this scamming? I mean, Carnival is scamming customers already by making them think paying money for free items is great. So if Carnival can scam, why can't a customer scam back?