Thanks for Jorge Ramirez Morales reommendations

Vehorn

I would like to thank those on this board who were kind enough to recommend a tour by Jorge Ramirez Morales during our cruise stop in Limon, Costa Rica. Jorge immediately answered my questions when I e-mailed him and provided details of his tours. He met my wife and I just outside of the pier and took us to all the sites we wanted to see on our half-day tour ($55 pp). We visited a banana plantation and took the canal tour, on which he accompanied us and gave insight to local vegetation and animals. He also stopped along the way to point out monkeys and sloths, and to buy us a very enjoyable iced coconut. At our request, he took us to his local supermarket and recommended coffees, spices, and sauces, which were much more inexpensive than at souvenir stands. Jorge was very personable and professional and his tour was the highlight of our entire cruise. jorgel.cr@hotmail.com.

Thanks to all who suggested him to us.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to a beach-front restaurant where the wife and I had drinks. There was a good menu but we were headed back to the ship so did not order food. Jorge would take you to wherever you wanted, and could recommend other restaurants. Visiting the beach was a nice experience.