Might have made a mistake - Celebrity Millie 3009

lotusflow3r

There was only one cabin left in the ocean view category 6 (whatever that means) where He cabin was guaranteed to not change and it is 3009. It looks close to the theater but I figure after the show, there would be no more noise. Though I would have loved to have booked a balcony, per the website it was all sold out so I couldn't upgrade. It was either cabin 3009 or have a oceanview guarantee (category 5) and risk it. We only had one date and cruise line to choose from to work with my vacation dates and his military leave so the option to choose another line or ship, isn't really an option.

Given the location of the cabin and the noise factor (thrusters, etc) after doing much reading, I probably should have gone for the guarantee and chanced it.

If anyone has any insight to this cabin, it would be appreciated. Any insight to noise, motion, space, anything would be great.

Thanks in advance. This is only my third cruise ever, first on X and very very new to CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by lotusflow3r

Lotusflow3r,

I think you will be happy with your choice. The area that you are in used to be conference rooms before one of the previous dry docks. That results in you having a larger "window" than most of the other OV categories.

As for the noise, it is actually in a relatively quiet portion of the ship, off of the beaten path so to say, as the only foot traffic would be those that are your neighbors. Ocean movement should be minimal since it is an Alaskan cruise.

I was just on the Millie in May, and you will love the ship and the crew. ENJOY!!!!

Pat