Anyone else having Celebrity web site issues lately?

SeaCBear

I wanted to book our beverage packages online (sadly our transAtlantic cruise does not qualify for the 123 promotion) but after I log in, and click on Beverage Packages, I'm just taken back to my reservation information. I've tried different routes, but even when I click on "Book Beverage Package", it doesn't work. I also can't book excursions, or dining. Hugely frustrating. :mad: My husband also tried on his laptop, but no luck.

I called to book the package, but I really prefer booking online.

Just wondering if many others have noticed these problems?

From my experience and from what I've read here, a problem with the website is standard issue. It would be rare NOT to have a problem. I think in Celebrity tech world it is still 1996 and they are trying to figure out this "new technology" of the World Wide Web! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We recently booked a cruise ( with an online agency ) on the Constellation with a balcony

guarantee . So far all I get when trying the online check- in is " try again in 20 minutes",

I've been seeing that message for several days . Any suggestions ? thanks .

( I thought the guarantee was the delay since they hadn't yet assigned a room , but after reading here I think it may be more of a Celebrity website problem ? )

Quote: "Anyone else having Celebrity web site issues lately?"

I think the title should be Anyone NOT having Celebrity web site issues lately? :D:D:D

Yes we never experience any web site issues with celebrity. It always makes me wonder what people are complaining about.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We recently booked a cruise ( with an online agency ) on the Constellation with a balcony

guarantee . So far all I get when trying the online check- in is " try again in 20 minutes",

(

I have had the same problem. I don't know what the 20 minutes is all about but that is what they say. Have been told they can not access any info while I am logged on and to log off. That doesn't seem to work either, after the 20 so called minutes.:confused:

Don't know if this helps anyone but I discovered the problem with my online check in was the reservation number given to me by the travel agent . It was 6 digits . A call to Celebrity cleared up the problem because the correct number was 7 digits .

My virus protection popped up when I opened the Celebrity website a couple days ago saying there was a Trojan on the site. I have gotten the try again in 20 minutes note several times, including in the middle of the check in process.

I find that if I'm having trouble that day I'll continue to have trouble the rest of the day so I try again another day. I've been able to book things online but with difficulty. It's probably Celebrity's only downside. I like sailing them too much to abandon them for web issues.

• 2 weeks later...

My god I hope my cruise is better than the celebrity website, it's a disaster zone just taking you around the site in constant loops most of the time, it was hard enough booking a dining package but I'm giving up trying to book excursions tonight. I actually laughed when it then stated my booking was being modified, come back in 20 minutes. They seriously need to sack their website developers.

I tried to check in for our March cruise today and kept getting the oops. I called and the rep said we could still board if we did not check in. Can someone confirm that? We will be making a stop in Cozumu. I hope it is true.

Hi,:) are you asking if you can board the ship without filling out your

forms on line? Yes. Not everyone has a computer (if you can believe it;)).

There are folks who check in at the pier. I just booked a cruise on

Connie for next month and everything worked for me on the website

(if you can believe that too:D).

I just booked a cruise on

Connie for next month and everything worked for me on the website

(if you can believe that too:D).

Yes, very definitely can believe that.

One of the biggest problems with the Celebrity website is that it is so inconsistent.

It has been that way for years.

A feature that has been working well suddenly will not work at all or starts doing crazy, erratic things.

Sometimes it helps if you clear your cache and cookies and try again, but not always.

One of my all time favorites was getting an error message

Invalid Gender for Selected Title.

when the title was Mr and the gender was M

On another try, got the same message when title was Mrs and gender was F.

Or clicking any Celebrity website link and getting the message

Page Not Found.

That one is especially infuriating when it happens right after you have spent your time filling in a whole screen full of information for them.

I agree.....I have been having issues with the excursion portion

for my upcoming May cruise to Alaska. Well, I decided to call Celebrity

and guess what? They said they are aware of it:rolleyes::eek:....geeee....

that was enlightening (NOT).

As you said, the only thing consistant thing is the inconsistancy.

The Celebrity website is very poor. It took me several attempts to get online and book a couple of excursions for our cruise next month. Just tried to go on again to possibly book another one and can't load the excursions at all.

And I've had the "try again in 20 minutes" message, plus just got the opportunity to do the customer survey which, as you've guessed, skipped straight to the end and thanked me for participating!

Rubbish website Celebrity - you need to fix it.

The thing is though it does not need to be like that, Celebrity is a fairly upmarket cruise brand but it's without doubt the worst cruise company website I've ever used from my experiences over the last month. In this day and age it's not a huge cost to develop and run a professional website, there are a huge number of competent individuals and companies out there to do it for you. It just gives a very poor first impression and I'm betting they actually lose a few potential customers because of it.