Picture-A-Week 2014 - Week 47

pierces

Had a wonderful, fun weekend down in Charlottesville, Va. (home area of great American Presidents Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, plus University of Virginia). Most importantly, it's where our son, his wife and our two grandsons are living. Here's one picture below to prove why exactly they are so cute and interesting to visit.

Plus, we came back late yesterday afternoon to be greeted by snow and cold in Columbus. It's 12F right now in Central Ohio. The snow on the trees in our ravine setting looks so pretty and magical. Very, very early to be getting both snow and cold weather in mid November.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 86,490 views for this posting.

Here is my wife using the iPad to read to our two grandsons, ages four and two. Such a great ages where they are learning and evolving so much. Wonderful to be playing and enjoying time with them. They love construction equipment, trains, etc.:

Nov2014A3_zps3acc9833.jpg

Winter in mid November in Central Ohio? Yes, here the evidence. First the view from my study patio towards the ravine area with the trees covered in such an interesting, dramatic manner. Second is a female cardinal using one of our bird feeders. Lots of bird action with these cold, winter conditions!!:

Nov2014A2_zpsd0248c91.jpg

Nov2014A1_zps22b6422e.jpg

TLC Ohio, wow the snow photos are beautiful, but better you than me. I would go stir crazy with all that snow so early in the season. Thanks fr posting them.

Appreciate your nice comments. Here are some more snow, birds, winter, etc., views from in Ohio.

It's a good reason to get out of here in January by going south, sailing in warmer areas of the world. Now only 66 days till . . . our Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean, 26-day adventure starts from Barbados and finishing in San Juan, PR.

Really feel for those in Buffalo. Must be really challenging there.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 164,225 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From my study, here are three different views. First, is the wider shot out one of the windows in this area of our home done while sitting in my leather reclining chair. Sweet view, especially with the sun, trees and snow. Second is a little closer look at the details with the outside sights. Finally, another view/angle for these outdoor wonders where we live.:

Nov2014A8_zps295716f2.jpg

Nov2014A7_zps2dcfdc61.jpg

Nov2014A9_zps5a29620a.jpg

Here are two more birds and snow pictures that might be of interest. Love nature's colorful birds with the snow in the background, on the tree branches, etc.:

Nov2014A4_zps6675b0ea.jpg

Nov2014A5_zpsa7d072bc.jpg

Finally, for those of us in the "colonies", here was a banner that a person in the Charlottesville, Va., neighborhood had hanging out in preparation for our Thanksgiving holiday next week. Cute and colorful? Grabbed this shot while taking our grandsons for a walk. Happy Thanksgiving!!:

Nov2014A6_zps8cdd1a36.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

Thanks for posting those additional photos. Beautiful.

bigeck: Love snow pics. Thanks

pierces: As a native of Southern California' date=' true winter is an anomaly. A very pretty anomaly! Nice shots! Dave [/quote']

Appreciate these nice comments on my pictures, the winter sights, etc. Especially hearing from super pro, Dave, who is one of the best posters here on these CC boards.

BUT, what "looks" nice . . . can be very dangerous! This morning, Central Ohio had a huge freezing rain, ice storm. All kinds of car wrecks. Really bad outside this am. AND, sadly, our good friend, Dennis slipped this morning on that ice, broke his leg and is awaiting surgery tomorrow morning to get things "fixed" and set. Not good or fun.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 188,485 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Love the kitties. Is that the zoo or the wild animal park?

Great/interesting question for the location on these wonderful pictures. Appreciate the posting of these cute and classy animals.

THANKS for the pictures! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 86,930 views for this posting.

"Joseph Smith Takes A Wife" was a weekly headline in Nauvoo, Illinois in the 1840s but for us it was a big deal. Best wihes to Joe and Sam for a long, happy life together.

Joesph Smith Takes A Wife

p822344104-5.jpg

Dave

I want to come see all the kitties! We have triplet lions at the NC Zoo.

The Safari Park’s lion pride consists of Oshana and the four new cubs; the cub’s father, Izu; adult female Mina; and two of Oshana’s older offspring, Ken and Dixie, born in December 2013. They were rejected by the mother lion and raised by the zoo keepers. The same lioness gave birth to 4 more cubs in June 2014.

We also have Four cheetah cubs born in July.

I'm not sure, but I think we have baby ocelots too. I've been so busy with school that we haven't been out recently. I hope to get out next year. Hopefully, we can talk the FIL into using a wheel chair if necessary. He's 87 and will have difficulty doing one part of the zoo.

Terry. We tried a feeder like the one where the female cardinal is eating from. Within 2 days a squirrel got it down on the ground and smashed it until he/she got to the seeds.

Yes, our squirrels can be pesky and damaging, but they have not been as bad on our feeder as you suffered. At the top metal area for this feeder, you can see their teeth marks where they tried to get in that way.

THANKS for the follow-up and nice comments! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 164,717 views. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923