Celebrity Cruise Solstice - preferable cabin 2D?

Hi guys,

Looking at booking my first Celebrity cruise onboard Solstice for March 2015.

Have previously cruised with other lines and always on the look out for more favourable cabins such as ones on the hump with extra large balcony etc.

This time we're not wanting to spend as much, so we're looking at doing a 2D obstructed verandah balcony.

Prefer midship or there abouts.

Any more favourable cabins I should look out for when I book tomorrow?

Etc less obstructed, middle gap between obstruction, larger balcony.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi guys,

Looking at booking my first Celebrity cruise onboard Solstice for March 2015.

Have previously cruised with other lines and always on the look out for more favourable cabins such as ones on the hump with extra large balcony etc.

This time we're not wanting to spend as much, so we're looking at doing a 2D obstructed verandah balcony.

Prefer midship or there abouts.

Any more favourable cabins I should look out for when I book tomorrow?

Etc less obstructed, middle gap between obstruction, larger balcony.

Thanks for your help in advance!

one of the online sites has Guarantee Veranda for the 22nd march cruise for $1329 plus pick your perk and $100 obc if thats any good

one of the online sites has Guarantee Veranda for the 22nd march cruise for $1329 plus pick your perk and $100 obc if thats any good

Thank you for the heads up!

I had a look at this but I wasn't sure with a guarantee status cabin as I've always booked a cabin number at time of booking, and like to make sure I'm mid ship.

As a TA, as part of cruise week / cruise expo the best I've been able to get is $1800 with pick your perk (going for the drink package!), $400 cabin OBC, 2D cat, reduced depos.

RKMW have you cruised with Celeb before? How would you compare this to RCI? Is age demographic a lot older for cruises ex Aus?

My partner and I are early 30's but do love the luxury and dining that Celeb offers, so looking to try something new.

Thank you!

Edited by LuckiePuris

Thank you for the heads up!

I had a look at this but I wasn't sure with a guarantee status cabin as I've always booked a cabin number at time of booking, and like to make sure I'm mid ship.

As a TA, as part of cruise week / cruise expo the best I've been able to get is $1800 with pick your perk (going for the drink package!), $400 cabin OBC, 2D cat, reduced depos.

RKMW have you cruised with Celeb before? How would you compare this to RCI? Is age demographic a lot older for cruises ex Aus?

My partner and I are early 30's but do love the luxury and dining that Celeb offers, so looking to try something new.

Thank you!

no we havent cruised with Celeb as yet but if you do a dummy booking on the Celeb site https://secure.celebritycruises.com/booking/guestReservation you will find the verandah gte is the same price as an inside....its up to you if you want to do a guarantee as you could end up in a suite or something similar

no we havent cruised with Celeb as yet but if you do a dummy booking on the Celeb site https://secure.celebritycruises.com/booking/guestReservation you will find the verandah gte is the same price as an inside....its up to you if you want to do a guarantee as you could end up in a suite or something similar

Thanks for the suggestion. I had seen that but wasn't keen on risking non midship location. Definitely is a fantastic deal for anyone that's not fussed on cabin location!!

We have been in 6186, an obstructed view cabin. The price was great at the time - about the same as an interior. The obstruction was only at almost the top of the glass balcony top and it was the flat top of the tender. Couldn't see directly down but still had excellent view looking out. When in port, if the tender is in use, there is a full view. It was an easter cruise last year to the GBR and the crowd was quite mixed with a lot of overseas cruisers and not many children aboard. A step up in many ways from RCI. Can still hear the Zumba music by the pool! (in a nice way).Would book same again.

You can't go any worse than 2D so for significantly less price and if that's what you're looking at, it sounds like a goer.

The likelihood of a suite upgrade with celebrity is pretty much 0, but a fair chance you could get to a nicer category nonetheless.

We have been in 6186, an obstructed view cabin. The price was great at the time - about the same as an interior. The obstruction was only at almost the top of the glass balcony top and it was the flat top of the tender. Couldn't see directly down but still had excellent view looking out. When in port, if the tender is in use, there is a full view. It was an easter cruise last year to the GBR and the crowd was quite mixed with a lot of overseas cruisers and not many children aboard. A step up in many ways from RCI. Can still hear the Zumba music by the pool! (in a nice way).Would book same again.

You can't go any worse than 2D so for significantly less price and if that's what you're looking at, it sounds like a goer.

The likelihood of a suite upgrade with celebrity is pretty much 0, but a fair chance you could get to a nicer category nonetheless.

Thanks for your feedback on your experience with the obstructed balcony. My only concern with guarantee status is that it could be a better category and non obstructed however at the front of the ship. To be honest for me, I'm not willing to risk it.

But I did check the pricing today with the cruise expo discounts and it is down to approx $1280 with complimentary bev package, $400 OBC and reduced deposit.

Some great sales lately!

Any must do restaurants you'd recommend on Solstice?

We mostly had our meals in the main dining room as we had nice dining companions. Meals were quite large. One couple were aqua class and had some meals in Blu but liked the main dining for company. Plenty of dining choices though. Can recommend the gelato bar, husband had a huge burger outside at the Mast Grill and I also liked the pasta and noodle bar in the buffet area for a quick meal. Recommend for healthy breakfast and lunch was the Aquaspa cafe.

Tuscan Grill is an absolute must , but all the others are nice and bistro at five is a nice alternate for breakfast or lunch

Tuscan would be second favourite for me and then Bistro on Five is good for something different or to escape the MDR.

However, the MDR does great food as well, and without a cover charge.:D

Tuscan would be second favourite for me and then Bistro on Five is good for something different or to escape the MDR.

However, the MDR does great food as well, and without a cover charge.:D

You are right Mic nothing wrong with the MDR but I would say the view as well is why Tuscan was are favourite but as I said the others are definitely worth a visit just don't have lunch if you are going to Izumus

You are right Mic nothing wrong with the MDR but I would say the view as well is why Tuscan was are favourite but as I said the others are definitely worth a visit just don't have lunch if you are going to Izumus

Yes, Tuscan is nicely positioned for a view, especially if it is early evening and still light.:D