Lobster Alive...Taxi Cost & Entrance Fee

SteelerCruiser

There is no fee at Lobster Alive. This is just a beach bar which rents out chairs. Just drop a towel on the beach.

The cab fare is approx 5 US per person. Maybe less if you get a van full of pax going there or the boatyard.

Edited by kersh

We were at Lobster alive a beginning of Oct and I thought the chair rental was cheap. For 2 people you paid $15 total. That gave you two lounge chairs with a shared umbrella, use of the locked restroom, one free drink coupon and one 1/2 priced drink coupon.

Single row of ocean front chairs for basically 7.50 each was nice!

How was the beach area there? Were you hassled by vendors? Food?

The beach had soft white sand and beautiful clear water. $20pp for one of the greatest experiences swimming with turtles. Lobster alive kitchen was closed when we were there since it was Oct they said they were closed for the month. Bar was open and had cheap drinks. Our friends wandered over next door and bought a bucket of mixed beers which was cheap. Food apparently was available next door too, but I wasn't hungry.

The staff warned me not to go on the boat and leave my stuff at the beach due to theft, but our friends were there and we had no issues at all.

I enjoyed the vendors they were very friendly and talkative about the island life. I bought two coconut carvings for my deck and looked at some jewelry. They all were very polite. The only person a bit odd was a dirty looking guy wanting to massage my feet with aloe! Really I don't think so! Yet another tourist called out that I should go for it as it was awesome.... to each his own I guess.

Everything is cash, the chairs, gifts, tours, drinks so bring enough (the folks next to me were scrambling to find a ATM as they wanted to do more stuff) It was a nice memorable day for me!

They took people right from the beach to the turtles? Any more info...how many went, what exactly did you do there, lots of turtles, etc. We were there a few years ago and I don't remember this being offered. Thanks for any info, sounds interesting.

The beach had soft white sand and beautiful clear water. $20pp for one of the greatest experiences swimming with turtles. Lobster alive kitchen was closed when we were there since it was Oct they said they were closed for the month. Bar was open and had cheap drinks. Our friends wandered over next door and bought a bucket of mixed beers which was cheap. Food apparently was available next door too, but I wasn't hungry.

The staff warned me not to go on the boat and leave my stuff at the beach due to theft, but our friends were there and we had no issues at all.

I enjoyed the vendors they were very friendly and talkative about the island life. I bought two coconut carvings for my deck and looked at some jewelry. They all were very polite. The only person a bit odd was a dirty looking guy wanting to massage my feet with aloe! Really I don't think so! Yet another tourist called out that I should go for it as it was awesome.... to each his own I guess.

Everything is cash, the chairs, gifts, tours, drinks so bring enough (the folks next to me were scrambling to find a ATM as they wanted to do more stuff) It was a nice memorable day for me!

Yes there were several turtle excursion boats right off the beach.

The lobster alive guys greeted us at the entrance- talked about chairs and said his friend/cousin/or associate would take us out to turtles and I just went with him (the Bliss Boat)

There were I think 7 of us on the boat. We went early though. Our boat was called "the bliss" it was a double decker glass bottom with a slide. Nobody cared to do the slide on our trip though. Actually although definitely worth $20pp our guy just said swim over to the other boats and more or less had us just join in some other persons excursion. Their guide was feeding the turtles and making sure each person had some experience. I would have liked a little more guide interaction being in the open water and all. We also were not really in shape and I wished our guide was more hands on. Would have put me more at ease. Still an awesome experience...one I will always remember.

If I would do it again, I read great things about Nevile and his yellow boat which I saw pull up ashore at Lobster alive. I would seek him out. , I would suggest asking where you'd find Nevile as I realized after the fact I could have done that. His boat was smaller though. Which might be a plus or minus depending on your perspective.

These boats take people from any of the various beach areas. We picked up people along the way too. We saw about 6-8 different turtles at different times. Several times swimming right under me, where if I choose (which I did not) I could have touched them. We also went to a site to snorkel over a ship wreck.

Let me know if there is anything else that might be helpful.

Edited by CMM

Great info. I was there a few years back and don't remember these boats. I believe there is another resort right next door, a more livlier place with music, volleyball, etc. We liked the Lobster Alive area and will probably return there. One more question on the turtles...is this good for photo op's? Is the water shallow enough where you'd be able to bring your cam into the water?

The lobster alive guys greeted us at the entrance- talked about chairs and said his friend/cousin/or associate would take us out to turtles and I just went with him (the Bliss Boat)

There were I think 7 of us on the boat. We went early though. Our boat was called "the bliss" it was a double decker glass bottom with a slide. Nobody cared to do the slide on our trip though. Actually although definitely worth $20pp our guy just said swim over to the other boats and more or less had us just join in some other persons excursion. Their guide was feeding the turtles and making sure each person had some experience. I would have liked a little more guide interaction being in the open water and all. We also were not really in shape and I wished our guide was more hands on. Would have put me more at ease. Still an awesome experience...one I will always remember.

If I would do it again, I read great things about Nevile and his yellow boat which I saw pull up ashore at Lobster alive. I would seek him out. , I would suggest asking where you'd find Nevile as I realized after the fact I could have done that. His boat was smaller though. Which might be a plus or minus depending on your perspective.

These boats take people from any of the various beach areas. We picked up people along the way too. We saw about 6-8 different turtles at different times. Several times swimming right under me, where if I choose (which I did not) I could have touched them. We also went to a site to snorkel over a ship wreck.

Great info. I was there a few years back and don't remember these boats. I believe there is another resort right next door, a more livlier place with music, volleyball, etc. We liked the Lobster Alive area and will probably return there. One more question on the turtles...is this good for photo op's? Is the water shallow enough where you'd be able to bring your cam into the water?

I am going to try to attach some photos I took. The water isn't shallow, you are not standing. But the turtles swim to the surface because they want to be fed.

451.jpg.0d01e35236ed4e8f9fa57a594c8f7fe2.jpg

447.jpg.53be907000a7fbb22cd800392a4c930d.jpg

455.jpg.40c38c57760347a19e1b18bddbdc8ae9.jpg

Here are some more photos- I can't believe I figured out how to post them.

The first is a not so detailed picture of the boat, the second is of the shipwreck site we went to first to snorkel (I had not mastered how to snorkel and hold a camera so they didn't turn out good) the next one is the the name on the boat, the last is from the turtle site.

The guy in the black swim shirt in this and my previous post is from another excursion he was feeding the turtles and helping the snorkelers... he was not from our boat, but we kind of just took advantage of the situation.

414.jpg.2d5440273e54cba7b07beff97dfc4343.jpg

417.jpg.eb938d5970d7728c361200652a1d7579.jpg

461.jpg.2c196c15a51a35142656bda18ce0a77c.jpg

445.jpg.09c2d84bb4343e3439bf72e431944553.jpg

Edited by CMM

Thanks for this great info!!!! We are probably going to choose Lobsters Alive after reading all the great info on this thread!!! We will be in Barbados in a week and a half on the Jewel of the Seas.

• 3 weeks later...