Larry Pimentel Post # 5 - ChoiceAir

On to ChoiceAir… There seems to be some confusion on this issue, so I will try to clarify.

Let me address the policy comment first. Several of you believe the policy changes all the time. The program itself has not really changed since we started using ChoiceAir about two years ago. What does change is which sailings feature the ChoiceAir credit. And that part will continue to change. Let me try to explain.

As we launch new itineraries, we will go out with fares that are at its lowest, and therefore will not include tactical promotions. As we get closer to the various cruising seasons, and we put more sales & marketing emphasis on voyages, we will add promotions such as the ChoiceAir credit – or other promotions. However, as you have heard me say already, our pricing and offers are revenue managed, and on a daily basis we will monitor each sailing for occupancy and revenue impact. The cruise pricing based on occupancy levels might in the meantime very well have been increased.

Based on the above, this means that if you have made a booking early without including the ChoiceAir promotion, we can change your booking to include the ChoiceAir promotion if it becomes available, but at prevailing rates at the time of making the change. Changing the rate is simply because our initial lower rates can’t afford a generous savings such as the ChoiceAir promotion. As an example, you might have booked your voyage in January at the then prevailing rate of $4,299. In March we might decide to add the ChoiceAir promotion, but we have in the meantime increased our rate based on higher occupancy to $4,499 for the same stateroom category. While your rate will have been increased by $200, you will still receive a better savings with the $500 ChoiceAir cruise credit.

When we offer these promotions, we always include a caveat in our pricing and savings policy that states that “all rates, savings offers and itineraries are subject to change without notice. Savings offers may be withdrawn at any time.” This common practice in our industry is simply to set the expectation that as we revenue manage our business, conditions will change. You might have noticed I said things “will” change. Not “might” change. We know they will change, so we try to set those expectations. Based on your comments, however, it seems that our terms are not quite clear. I have asked our team to take a look at our existing disclaimer to make sure it is clear. Once the revised language has been reviewed I will have Bill Leiber post it as a separate thread.

Goldenretrievers2: Yes, we will continue to use ChoiceAir as a promotion. As per above, the dates on which this promotion will be available might change, but we will continue to use it. It has been quite successful.

Hopefully this explains it. If you still have questions, Bill Leiber has pointed out to me that Host Andy posted a "sticky" thread last year - “Choice Air: Helpful Information.” It can serve as a "go-to" reference to have a better understanding of managing your ChoiceAir flight arrangements. [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1448703[/url].

Also, on that thread was contact information about the ChoiceAir program option so that you could speak to someone at that department about your specific air reservations: Email at [email]choiceair@rccl.com[/email] or 800-533-7803, from 8AM to 2AM EST 18 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can also visit AzamaraClubCruises.com/ChoiceAir for complete details about the multi-faceted ChoiceAir program.
• ChoiceAir Specials (AzamaraClubCruises.com/SpecialOffers)
• ChoiceAir Flexfares
• ChoiceAir Plus
• ChoiceAir Assured Arrival

Archived