transfers from ft Lauderdale to Miami and back

pmcx68

I am looking for any recommendations/good experiences on airport transfers.

I have been looking at transportation companies on the airport and Miami port website for companies but cant find any real reviews for them.

We are cruising the Getaway in November and fly into Ft Lauderdale.

We will need a ride into Miami and then a ride from the NCL port to our hotel in Ft Lauderdale.

We would prefer to not share a ride. Our last van trip to from the airport to Miami hotel was a 3 hour disaster.

Thanks for any info you can provide

I have been looking at transportation companies on the airport and Miami port website for companies but cant find any real reviews for them.

We will need a ride into Miami and then a ride from the NCL port to our hotel in Ft Lauderdale.

We would prefer to not share a ride. Our last van trip to from the airport to Miami hotel was a 3 hour disaster.

I would take a look at the following board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

That's the Homeports board for Florida and should have posts about what you are inquiring about.

There are multiple companies that will do the transfers (shared and private). Uber/Lyft might also be an option as well.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am a huge fan of Uber/Lyft and have done the route many times with no problems. It has run about $28-33.

We flew into Fort Lauderdale in April, arriving late evening. We would have caught the train to Miami but were informed it wasn't safe to use at night so we used Uber .This worked really well (first time using Uber anywhere) and cost about 30 dollars compared to about 100 dollars for a regular taxi. We also used Uber for the journey from the hotel to the cruise port. This was very cheap.

JiffyJeff charges $15 per person each way, and they pick you up in large Merecedes vans and give you water. We thought it was a very nice way to get from FLL to POM. SAS also charges $15 per person per way, I am not sure they offer as many amentities, but that is who I will be using next week. $30 per person definitely beats the $45 per person the cruise lines usually charge!

JiffyJeff charges $15 per person each way, and they pick you up in large Merecedes vans and give you water. We thought it was a very nice way to get from FLL to POM. SAS also charges $15 per person per way, I am not sure they offer as many amentities, but that is who I will be using next week. $30 per person definitely beats the $45 per person the cruise lines usually charge!

A strong endorsement for Jiffy Jeff. The vans are newer, clean black Mercedes and offer a very comfortable ride. Our family of 3 were the sole passengers each way, but we didn't request a solo trip. If you want to book the full van for your trip you can get pricing for that. Jeff called us on the morning we arrived back in port for pick up details, even to the point of over communicating. We would use him again without hesitation. He picked us up at our FLL hotel then to POM. On return it was POM to FLL, easy and like having a friend meet you after the trip. He also provides a tour/conversation as you travel to POM.

Just Google to get the site and information. He took cash payment for the trip.

I've used SaS many times. No problem at all, but what you get can be quite diverse. Last June our transport picked us up in a huge, brand new benz and we were the only 2 riding. Same trip on the way back was pretty tight and the air was questionable.

Be sure to check your times if arriving a day early. As of last year, sas stopped sending vans from fll to Miami due at 3:00.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had four from our group back in February 2017 fly into FLL for the Escape out of Miami. They used Jiffy Jeff and loved it. They were the only ones on the way down, but they may have had some passengers with them on the way back. Mercedes vans.

www.gojiffyjeff.com (this one came highly recommended from the Cruise Critic message forum)

Used SAS. On the trip down to Florida, they picked us up at the airport and dropped us off at the hotel. It was great. We were the only two in the van. One week later they picked us up at the ship for the return trip. The van was jammed with people being dropped off at their hotels, including DH and myself. We were the last couple to be dropped off. When the driver pulled up in front of the airport and started unloading my husband's walker and three suitcases I explained that there must be some mistake as we were to be dropped off at our hotel. The driver said he was sorry but he was running late and he now had to pick up passengers to be delivered TO the ship and we were on our own. The price is right but the service was not. Never Again!😢

We have used SAS several times and it's really hit or miss. We've had some great rides but some with longer waits and the last time on the way to POA we went to another hotel and to FLL first. A couple that was already on there said they had been to the airport twice and had been riding for over an hour already.

We had great service with Uber on several cruises out of Galveston and we used Uber exclusively in Las Vegas recently and every driver we had was professional and pleasant.

We have SAS booked for our December cruise on NCL Escape but I will be canceling and using Uber.

I highly recommend Uber. If you're new to Uber, download the app and you're welcome to use my code to get your first ride free:

karenc6680ue

Just remember that the free ride will expire 90 days from when the account is set up.

Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

We have traveled with a larger group and wanted to be sure we had our transportation covered, we hired Larry's Limos - and were VERY pleased. For us, it was very affordable and the service was top shelf. We will always use them when we need it in the FLL or Miami area.