Triple entry visa in China

greatam

If I do not change my cruise, I will require 3 entries into China-air from US to Beijing, ship into China and ship into Beijing.

I thought I had this all planned. Then, the Chinese embassy would not issue an L visa (multiple entry, 6 month, no stay over 30 days). New rules and regulations in retaliation for fingerprinting the Chinese. Just instituted November 1, 2004.

Does any one know if I can buy two visa's, one single entry for the plane and one double entry for the ship? Both visa's will have have overlapping dates-March 8-April 13. Pre-cruise in China from March 10-March 24, then fly to Bangkok to board ship on March 26, only to re-enter China in Shanghai and disembark in Beijing prior to April 12. Princess cannot answer the question-sent me to their visa service, who informed me I had to get the visa in Bangkok. But they had no clue who to contact in Bangkok. I know I can get multiple entry in Hong Kong, but I will only be there for 7 hours. Do not know if this is enought time to get the multiple entry visa. Help!!!

Thanks for the reply. I was at the Chinese consulate, applying for the L visa, when they informed me I did not qualify for the L visa with the new rules. They had no suggestions. I asked about buying two visa's and didn't get an answer that was very definitive.

I know that you can get multiple visa entries in Hong Kong. And Princess' visa service states you can get them in Bangkok. But no one has names, phone numbers, or how long it takes. I will be in transit in Hong Kong for 7 hours. Is that enough time?

fortunately we had ours before we left through the travel agent who made all the arrangements. The Chinese generally like Americans(except if its the week after we bomb one of their embassies-which we did in Kosovo). So I am sure they will try to let you in. You may want to email the embassy or the Chinese foreign office in Beijing is you want a definitive answer- English is a required course from grade school.

• 1 month later...

Lcmandell

Thank you so much for the link. I am printing it out and will drive back to the Consulate on Tuesday. Hopefully, with the printout in hand, I will be able to get the multiple entry visa I need. Thanks again.

LCmandell

Called the consulate yesterday (Jan 14). Was told WHEN they get word from Beijing, they MAY issue the multiple entry visa's. Still stuck trying to find the third entry. Princess gave me an extension to make final payment, but not much. It is looking more and more like Seabourn, March 27 or a land trip. Not a fun prospect.

greatam, I was at the Chinese Consulate in LA on Friday, picked up our SINGLE entry Visa for our Crystal Cruise. There were people applying for the Multiple/One year Visa, I don't know when they will get it. On the Visa Application Form (which is different from any of application downloaded from different Internet sites) listed choice of, Single, 2 Entry, Multiple/6Month and Multiple/1 year. The Visa application form included a line for Email Address. The fees are $50PP; $75PP; $100PP and $150PP. You may pay with Visa or Master Card with Photo ID.

You should go to the Consulate in person on Monday if you are close to one. They have to HONOR the agreetment with US, as of 1-15-05.

Lisa

greatam, On the other hand, you are most welcome to join us on the Crystal Harmony Cruise. We are doing 5106 and 5107. From LA to Beijing. 2-24-05 to 3-28-05. Crystal provides complimentary all inclusive 3 nights tour in Beijing as well. If you have limited time, the 5107 starts from Hong Kong on 3-15-05.

Lisa

You should go to the Consulate in person on Monday if you are close to one. They have to HONOR the agreetment with US, as of 1-15-05.

Lisa

I am on the Colorado River, Arizona side and it is the LA Consulate that I have been dealing with. They informed me that they would only honor the multiple entry/6 month visa request, without the normal paperwork (letter of invite from business contacts or relative or friend invite), WHEN they got directive from Beijing. Called the TA I am working with in China and they, too, have to wait until Beijing gives approval. No one seems to know when the directive will arrive from Beijing. They all state "SOON", but what is "SOON" in a communist country is probably not soon enough. China could still turn down my multiple entry request, even with the Beijing directive. The press release was very carefully worded that issuance was on a "case-by-case" basis.

Thanks for the invite to Crystal. March 15, out of Hong Kong, is too early and spends most of the time in China. I arrive Beijing on March 13 and have land tour planned. I have to make final payment to Princess next Friday. I am calling Seabourn tomorrow and confirm they still have cabins available for the March 27, out of Hong Kong. On Seabourn, I get to spend time in Vietnam and Thailand, which, other than China, is what I really wanted to see. Otherwise, trains, planes, and buses through Vietnam and Cambodia. Thanks for all your help.

Gina

Archived