ROME to CIVITAVECCHIA by TRAIN??

YankeeClippr

I just came back from a Med cruise that left from Civitavecchia. We took the train from Termini Station in Rome. The cost was 4.50 euros. But there are some express trains that take about 45 minutes that cost 10 or 11 euros. We ended on the local by mistake. Took and hour and a half. But it wasn't too bad. You should buy the tickets at the station. I was told that if you pre buy them online, you have to take the train you booked. Also don't forget to stick your tickets into the yellow boxes along the platform before you board the train. To validate them. We were not asked for our tickets. When the train get to Civitavecchia, it's about a 10-15 minute walk to the entrance of the port. When you exit the station, take a right and walk along the road with the hotels and restaurants till you see the fort at the port enterance. From there you will have to take a free shuttle bus. On the way home we took the ship transfers. To be on the safe side. It cost alot, but we got to the airport on time for our flight.

from the airport you must take the train to tratevere in rome which is abou t a 45 minute ride than transfer to the train to civitavecchia for another 45minute to 1 hour ride. The cost for 2 passengers is approx 18 euros. My wife and I used the trains in October. hopefully that help

The trains to civitavecchia run every hour.

I was on a cruise on Celebrity Century last week and we also called at Civitavechia. We took an intercity train out which took about an hour and was very comfortable.

We decided to take the fast train out at 1700 which should get us back around 1745 well ahead for a 1900 departure. However the train stopped after 5 minutes and did not leave. We managed to jump on a local train and managed to get onboard about 20 minutes before departure:eek:

So don't leave Rome until 4pm the latest...this was one of the scariest moments of my life.....:eek:

Reint

I was on a cruise on Celebrity Century last week and we also called at Civitavechia. We took an intercity train out which took about an hour and was very comfortable.

We decided to take the fast train out at 1700 which should get us back around 1745 well ahead for a 1900 departure. However the train stopped after 5 minutes and did not leave. We managed to jump on a local train and managed to get onboard about 20 minutes before departure:eek:

So don't leave Rome until 4pm the latest...this was one of the scariest moments of my life.....:eek:

Reint

Yikes! You win the prize for scariest story of the day! Thank goodness you realised something was amiss and got on the other train. I think I would have run to the ship once off the train.

Archived