QM2 single cabins

DaisyDancer

Deck 1 doesn't show up on the online deck plans as there are no public spaces there except for the tender embarkation lounges. Deck 2 solo staterooms near at Stairway C and above them. I doubt that you will have any problem. The early reviews have been overwhelmingly positive and there have been no complaints of noise.

As Blue has indicated, this is a fairly peaceful part of the ship, so there should be very little to disturb you. I can also add that the design of these cabins is very nice. However, so far Cunard has priced them at the high end.

As Blue has indicated, this is a fairly peaceful part of the ship, so there should be very little to disturb you. I can also add that the design of these cabins is very nice. However, so far Cunard has priced them at the high end.

Cunard called attempting to get to book one of their single rooms. Hopefully the price will be good. I've never cruised Cunard before so I don't know what to expect.

Cunard called attempting to get to book one of their single rooms. Hopefully the price will be good. I've never cruised Cunard before so I don't know what to expect.

Good luck! I hope you have a good TA.

Be sure to check what the price is for a regular stateroom with the single supplement. Sometimes the price is more for the single staterooms than a regular stateroom with the supplement. Many times the price is very close between the two and you could get a larger stateroom for just a few dollars more. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to the pricing of the solo staterooms.

Be sure to check what the price is for a regular stateroom with the single supplement. Sometimes the price is more for the single staterooms than a regular stateroom with the supplement. Many times the price is very close between the two and you could get a larger stateroom for just a few dollars more. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to the pricing of the solo staterooms.

Good advice.

thank you :) I will ask about different stateroom cost. I did notice on the website that insides were much cheaper than the solo staterooms so I could save money by paying 200% as weird as that sounds. I think solo cabins are a marketing gimmick with the single supplement added in on the front. Norwegian offers these solo studio rooms which are more expensive than insides. :p

Hi,

I cruised aboard the QM2 in late September / early October and was upgraded to one of the new single staterooms (2010) on Deck 2. The room was spacious and very attractively furnished. Also, the room featured a large window. The location of the stateroom was excellent and there was no problem with noise.

For my review and photos of this stateroom, see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2410164

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

The single cabins do have a window, so they may be more comparable to the oceanview. And the single supplement is only 75 percent of the fare in Britannia class rather than double.

I booked an inside guarantee. Who knows ? I might get upgraded into one of those window rooms.

Hi,

I cruised aboard the QM2 in late September / early October and was upgraded to one of the new single staterooms (2010) on Deck 2. The room was spacious and very attractively furnished. Also, the room featured a large window. The location of the stateroom was excellent and there was no problem with noise.

For my review and photos of this stateroom, see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2410164

Chuck

Wow ! That room looks fabulous :cool: Hopefully whatever room I eventually get will that lovely.

Today I booked the trip ! Those single staterooms were more expensive than an inside.

New York hotel package is expensive, but as a solo who is not familiar with the area I felt it was a wise choice to stick with Cunard's hotel/transfers.

Congratulations on booking! I would have booked the hotel in NYC, too. So much easier when you don't know the area.

I did my own hotel in Fort Lauderdale but that is a different city...much smaller. :D

thank you :) I will ask about different stateroom cost. I did notice on the website that insides were much cheaper than the solo staterooms so I could save money by paying 200% as weird as that sounds. I think solo cabins are a marketing gimmick with the single supplement added in on the front. Norwegian offers these solo studio rooms which are more expensive than insides. :p

You're right. But it looks more appealing if you have one price instead of the "per person double occupancy" price plus supplement.

People sigh for the days of QE2's single cabins, but those had a built-in supplement, too. An inside Mauretania single on QE2 was much more than the per person rate for a Mauretania inside double (M5?). It was more like the pp rate for the highest Mauretania oceanview double (M1).

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder