Early saver help

Kate!

Hi All,

I'm looking at booking an ocean view early saver if I select the grade that I want will I receive one of the cabins in that grade or can p and o change it to a different grade as I will not have a cabin number. Only the prices are all different for the grades and the one I was looking at says deck a, b, c where as other grades list f deck.

Thanks kate.

If you book early saver ocean view, then that's exactly what you will get. You are unlikely to get an upgrade. I only ever booked early saver once, as far as I can remember you do not get to choose your deck, they will choose it for you

You will receive your cabin number approximately 5 weeks before you go and you will get at least the grade that you book but P&O can allocate a higher grade cabin. If you want some control over where your cabin is then you need to book a select price and mark your booking as "Do not upgrade".

Hi All,

I'm looking at booking an ocean view early saver if I select the grade that I want will I receive one of the cabins in that grade or can p and o change it to a different grade as I will not have a cabin number. Only the prices are all different for the grades and the one I was looking at says deck a, b, c where as other grades list f deck.

Thanks kate.

Hi Kate

What ship and date? It helps to know because popularity and availability tend to dictate flexibility for P&O.

You could book a certain grade of cabin, pay your pennies for that grade, and P&O might bless you with an upgrade (their upgrade might not be YOUR idea of an upgrade) so you need to know what options might be flung your way.....but then again, none of us have the crystal ball! :D

Hi Kate

What ship and date? It helps to know because popularity and availability tend to dictate flexibility for P&O.

You could book a certain grade of cabin, pay your pennies for that grade, and P&O might bless you with an upgrade (their upgrade might not be YOUR idea of an upgrade) so you need to know what options might be flung your way.....but then again, none of us have the crystal ball! :D

Hi its Aurora 17nts October prefer not to be at the bottom of the ship hence paying a bit extra for grade on deck a,b or c but wasn't sure on early saver if p&o can change your grade.

Hi its Aurora 17nts October prefer not to be at the bottom of the ship hence paying a bit extra for grade on deck a,b or c but wasn't sure on early saver if p&o can change your grade.

They will only upgrade you a higher grade probably within the same cabin type, but an upgrade is not always what you would perceive as an improvement. An upgrade is less likely on early saver than Select. If you want a particular deck you will need to book a Select fare, when you take OBC into account on Select fares it is not always that much difference between the fares.

If you want to stay on the grade you have booked you need to either ask if booking by phone or tick the box online for NO UPGRADE.

Edited by bee-ess

• 2 weeks later...

We were booked into the lowest grade balcony cabin (GF)on an early saver price back in October and when we got our cabin number a few weeks before sailing they had upgraded us to a GC grade balcony. Luckily for us it was on the same floor as our original cabin would have been.

............. only ever booked early saver once, as far as I can remember you do not get to choose your deck, they will choose it for you

Although you can't choose your deck, you can choose the grade which allows you to avoid the top cabin deck which is the worse deck due the noise from the Lido Area. We chose a HD Cabin on Early Saver (Britannia) and 5 weeks before sail we were allocated a HA cabin.