Shareholders OBC

Billy and Charlie's Mum

We are on the Queen Elizabeth next month for 15 nights ..... Sydney to Kobe, Japan.

I sent all our information and proof of ownership to Carnival Australia as usual and have now been told that because l got a sale price on our booking that we are not entitled to our Shareholders OBC.

I understand the exceptions to getting the OBC however our booking does not come under any of those exceptions. It seems the only thing is that we got a sale price for this cruise.

Never have we come across this on any of our Princess, P & O Australia or P & O UK cruises (we just got off a 26 night B2B on the Aurora last month).

It doesn't state anywhere, that l can find, that if you get a sale price on Cunard you aren't entitled to the OBC. We have had sale prices on other lines and still received our shareholders OBC.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Assuming you booked via a travel agent, is it possible the TA booked you on a restricted (travel industry or similar) fare?

Otherwise, like the others I've never seen a shareholder OBC restriction on a special fare offered by the line.

The regs do say excluded are those travelling "on a reduced rate or complementary basis"

What do you mean by a sale price?. Cunard don't have sales just variable rates.

Peculiar one this.

DAVID

We are on the Queen Elizabeth next month for 15 nights ..... Sydney to Kobe' date=' Japan.

I sent all our information and proof of ownership to Carnival Australia as usual and have now been told that because l got a sale price on our booking that we are not entitled to our Shareholders OBC.

I understand the exceptions to getting the OBC however our booking does not come under any of those exceptions. It seems the only thing is that we got a sale price for this cruise.

Never have we come across this on any of our Princess, P & O Australia or P & O UK cruises (we just got off a 26 night B2B on the Aurora last month).

It doesn't state anywhere, that l can find, that if you get a sale price on Cunard you aren't entitled to the OBC. We have had sale prices on other lines and still received our shareholders OBC.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk[/quote']

You probably should of sent it to Cunard not carnival. Two different companies with different rules.

I found the Carnival shareholder benefit description page. It says:

"Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising reduced-rate or complementary basis are excluded from this offer."

Apparently that's what they're referring to, but what defines a reduced-rate basis?

I've never booked a Carnival Corp cruise that wasn't at a Sale price and always got the Shareholder OBC .

Gotta be something other than a Sale rate code , like a travel industry rate code ?

I don't understand why the OP is not submitting the request directly to Cunard ??? Perhaps a rule particular to Australia ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've booked on Cunard taking full advantage of all sorts of sales and discounts and always were able to get our Carnival Corp. shareholder benefit. Sometimes we had to hassle to make it happen, but that was caused by the incompetence of the Cunard office staff who process the benefit requests. I recommend that you put your TA to work on this issue.

It is certainly correct in the UK that shareholders should contact Carnival, not Cunard. Carnival is the parent company and has the shareholder department. I assume it is the same everywhere else.

I have found the UK department to be excellent. I have booked a cruise 2 days before leaving (book on Friday to leave on Sunday) and they have still managed to get my shareholder benefit. I have booked cruises on special offers with no problems.

As someone said earlier, it would be a good idea to talk to the travel agent to see if the agent tried to do the OP a favour by booking under a special code (at a cheap rate) that somehow precludes OBC. I have read of that happening before on this forum.

It is certainly correct in the UK that shareholders should contact Carnival, not Cunard. Carnival is the parent company and has the shareholder department. I assume it is the same everywhere else.

I have found the UK department to be excellent. I have booked a cruise 2 days before leaving (book on Friday to leave on Sunday) and they have still managed to get my shareholder benefit. I have booked cruises on special offers with no problems.

As someone said earlier, it would be a good idea to talk to the travel agent to see if the agent tried to do the OP a favour by booking under a special code (at a cheap rate) that somehow precludes OBC. I have read of that happening before on this forum.

The process is different in the US. In the US, one must submit proof of stock ownership to the line that one is traveling on. So if you are on Cunard, you send the documents to Cunard. if you are on Seabourn, you send the docs to Seabourn, or to Princess, etc.

That's useful to know. According to the FAQ's on Ask Cunard "Applications should be made no later than two weeks prior to departure." It would seem that is not a mandatory requirement as I understood it to be?

The process is different in the US. In the US, one must submit proof of stock ownership to the line that one is traveling on. So if you are on Cunard, you send the documents to Cunard. if you are on Seabourn, you send the docs to Seabourn, or to Princess, etc.

As is the case in UK. Cunard has a department that deals with shareholder credit. That's the department the OP needs to contact.

Where's the OP gone by the way.

DAVID.

Thanks everyone.....l have rung the TA and she has rung Carnival Australia and has been told that our booking doesn't qualify. They wouldn't tell her why and as far as she can see the fare we got doesn't contravene the restrictions for the OBC. She is at a loss too.

In Australia we have to go through Carnival Australia to get our Shateholders OBC for any of the cruiselines.

I am at a loss too. I will try and ring the head office in Australia again today and see if anyone can enlighten me on why we can't get our OBC.

As is the case in UK. Cunard has a department that deals with shareholder credit. That's the department the OP needs to contact.

Where's the OP gone by the way.

DAVID.

I will ring the UK if l don't get any satisfaction from the Australian office.

Does anyone have the phone number for Cunard UK?

Success! I rang again and stated my case and they agreed and have now added our OBC. US $ 250 will go a long way towards the wine for dinner!

Congratulations Mum! Sometimes one has to persevere! The Carnival Stock benefit is the only reason why we own Carnival Corp. stock, so I am always ready to work the system. Enjoy your wine! Bottoms up!

Success! I rang again and stated my case and they agreed and have now added our OBC. US $ 250 will go a long way towards the wine for dinner!

Excellent result, happy for you.

David

That's useful to know. According to the FAQ's on Ask Cunard "Applications should be made no later than two weeks prior to departure." It would seem that is not a mandatory requirement as I understood it to be?

That is the requirement but they are incredibly helpful when they know that I have made a late booking. I phone my bank/stockbroker and give my booking number. They email the relevant department to confirm that I have 100 shares. (I don't hold the shares myself; it is done through the bank.) In addition I email the department myself to let them know that notification will be coming. I always apologise for my late booking. I let them know that I am aware that my request is a late one and I hope they will be able to help me. In other words, I don't approach them with a sense of entitlement.

DAVID.

David, all of my dealings have been with Carnival in the UK, not Cunard. If you look at the information given about all the cruise brands (sheet entitled 'Shareholder Benefit'), for Cunard it says to contact the Senior Shareholder Executive, Carnival UK, Carnival House, Southampton. My emails get sent to Carnival, not Cunard, and are always dealt with.

Message for the OP

First, congratulations on persevering and getting the OBC. I'm glad it all worked out.

Second, a couple of years ago a relative in Australia looked to purchase Carnival shares because they travel a lot on HAL, but were not able to get them in Australia. Can I just ask if you purchased yours in Australia or elsewhere, if this is not too personal? I would like to pass on the information.

Diane

Message for the OP

First, congratulations on persevering and getting the OBC. I'm glad it all worked out.

Second, a couple of years ago a relative in Australia looked to purchase Carnival shares because they travel a lot on HAL, but were not able to get them in Australia. Can I just ask if you purchased yours in Australia or elsewhere, if this is not too personal? I would like to pass on the information.

Diane

Hi Diane.....l had to register for international share trading as the CCL shares are on the New York Stock Exchange.....tell them to get in touch with ANZ Etrade. They will help them get the shares for a very small price.....around $30.

It seems clear that Carnival Australia is out of touch with this benefit.

Someone, like yourselves, who has recently had the experience would be doing the Australian shareholders a service if a nicely worded letter was sent to Carnival Corp. explaining the problem and asking that the Australian folks be brought up to date on this issue.

Carnival Corp.

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

United States

Hi Diane.....l had to register for international share trading as the CCL shares are on the New York Stock Exchange.....tell them to get in touch with ANZ Etrade. They will help them get the shares for a very small price.....around $30.

Thank you so much for this information.

Diane

Yes, thank you. It has been years since we have done a Carnival ship and we are booked on Cunard this summer to Iceland and Norway (looking forward to it!). Will buy some shares today! Did not know this even existed.