Advice, Please on Claudio vs. Daniele

For those of you who have already cruised the Med, I'm having trouble choosing a tour operator for Rome. I've already booked with Claudio for Florence and Salvatore for Naples.

I'm looking at either Daniele from driverinrome.com or Claudio (liminoinrome.com). Looking for others' opinions. It seems like their tours are about the same.

Thanks!

Donna

We used Daniele's company and were fortunate to have his father Remo as our guide in Rome! He was wonderful! We saw so many places that others from the ship's tours didn't see. For an additional 2 E he got tickets (from a broker or someone) for the Colusseum that took us to the front of the line. We didn't wait at all. The line was at least 90 minutes long. He took us to an local restaurant for a wonderful lunch and on the way back we stopped for gelato. It was the best and cheapest that we had on our entire trip. So many flavors!

Hello, we used Paolo (www.driving-guide.com), in Rome. He also arranged tours for us in Livorno (San Gimignano/Siena), Capri (we tooled around in a 1961 Fiat convertible) and Amalfi (we had Alberto the most fabulous driver). His rates were actually cheaper then the other 2 places mentioned (I researched all of them). For Rome though we only used his company to pick us up at the port, take us into the city and then take us home. We did a Rome on our own, which was way way cheaper then what the cruiseline wanted.

I will be booking him again when we take my stepkids in June and I will be using him for the whole "tour" as the kids have never been there before:) .

Elin

We were in Rome last month and used Claudio as our tour guide. He was excellent. Like others, he knew where to buy tickets for the Colluseum so you did not have to wait in line. He gave us our options as the day went along - such as if we spent more time at lunch and wanted to shop, then we would have to give up other sites. He also arranged for a private guide of the Vatican (at an extra cost) but it was worth it.

We spoke to the group that had Daniele as their guide and they loved him as well. They saw much of the same sites as we did and by special request saw some other areas.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of these two tour guides. Have a great trip!

Archived