Room service from dining room menu

Koshlong

We usually cruise on Holland America and, for various reasons, order dinner from the dining room menu several times a cruise.

I'm wondering which other cruise lines offer this?

What about NCL?

Can one have dinner from a specialty restaurant for Room Service if in a Suite?

NCL allows suite passengers to order off the menu of any restaurant that is open at the time the order is placed with the exception of teppanaki and sushi. If you order from the specialty restaurants you still have to pay the surcharge.

DCL allows suite passengers to order dinner off any menu from any dining room including Palo.

Windstar allows passengers to order any item off the menu from the MDR regardless of cabin type. They will also deliver room service poolside.

I can't remember Paul Gauguin, I want to think there was an extensive but set room service menu for dinner. They will only deliver room service to a cabin.

Royal Caribbean we were in the RS and could order from the MDR but not the specialty restaurants.

I'm not really interested in suites so it sounds like Celebrity, Disney or Windstar would be the choices....and they are ones that appeal to me anyway. Thanks for your input.

When we don't feel like going to the MDR, we go to the buffet... select from the options available, often able to make a plate of foods we enjoy, take back to our cabin and enjoy... you can do that on any line pretty much. In may way we prefer that to room service. We can still call room service, for coffee, dessert, salad if we wish, to round out the meal. Works for us, we did this on NCL and Celebrity most often.

NCL allows suite passengers to order off the menu of any restaurant that is open at the time the order is placed with the exception of teppanaki and sushi. If you order from the specialty restaurants you still have to pay the surcharge.

Thank you. Just what I was interested to learn.

If you have the Unlimited Dining Package would that cover the surcharge?

On Princess, only passengers is a suite can order room service from the dining room menus. Some people write requests on the room service order card and get what the ask for.

Not strictly true I've had MDR room service a number of times on Princess when my back was bad and couldn't get to MDR, didn't ask for it but when DW went to MDR without me they asked where I was and sent her back to cabin and arrived with meal.

Thank you. Just what I was interested to learn.

If you have the Unlimited Dining Package would that cover the surcharge?

It is my understanding that the UDP will cover the surcharge for in room dining but I cannot confirm from personal experience.