Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

jmezmom

We are doing the self guided tour in Antigua in Guatemala next month.

The bus ride s 90 minutes and you them are given maps and 5 hours to explore on your own.

If anyone has done this tour could you please share your experiences, good and bad, so we have an idea of what to expect.

Are there must see things and things we could do without and any fees we might need to pay.

Thanks!

The bus ride s 90 minutes and you them are given maps and 5 hours to explore on your own.

If anyone has done this tour could you please share your experiences, good and bad, so we have an idea of what to expect.

Are there must see things and things we could do without and any fees we might need to pay.

Thanks!

Hey There! I have spent allot of time in Antigua and would be happy to answer any questions. Everything is very easy and walkable, make sure to wear good shoes though because most streets are cobblestone. The city is very old so it's all layed out in easy blocks with the central square right in the middle. The big attractions are the markets, the square, and the architecture. Make sure to check out the churches, they will be highlighted on your map.

The locals will hit you up trying to sell things. If you aren't interested just say no and keep walking. If you slow down and engauge them in conversation, they will stick to you! Make sure to check out NimPot, it's a great store right under the Catalina arch, no venders in there so hassle free shopping, the place is huge, all local stuff, and cheap. I'll post some picks for you too, from Novemeber. Have fun!

Thanks!

I made this from my visit there

which shows a couple of the things Elcuchio mentions.

All the best, Tony

Archived