Best cruise for single women 42 years old

drblueeyes143

Hi, I am looking for the best sinlges cruise, where there will be lots of single available professional successsful men, 38-50 year old.

I want the cruise to be in the luxury line.

I want to be able to meet men on this cruise./

Perhaps you will find the information you seek in the Cruise Critic article titled Best Cruise Lines for Solo Travelers at http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=419.

Hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Hi, I am looking for the best sinlges cruise, where there will be lots of single available professional successsful men, 38-50 year old.

I've cruised all the luxury lines and eligible men and luxury lines are mutually exclusive. The only single men I've seen on the luxury lines are age 70 and older. I don't think you're going to find any line, be it a mass market or luxury, where you're going to find "lots of single available professional successful men, 38-50". Sorry but that just does not exist on a cruise. To be very frank, men in that category are either married, gay, or if they're not married they are looking for a girl in her 20's or early 30's. Sorry, but that's reality. I will just recommend taking the cruise you find the most interesting and not set yourself up for disappointment when there are few, if any, single men on that cruise.

I would suggest that you check out the travel agencies that specialize in singles cruises (do a google search for "singles cruise" and you will find them). I've been on 5 singles cruises so far and had a great time on each of them (BTW I'm a 41-year old single woman) -- lots of single, professional men. They're not usually booked on the luxury lines so you decide what's more important -- the men or the ship? :p

Christine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am on the Carnival Liberty on june 13th cruise, I booked with a company, I have never sailed solo where I didn't go with any friends so I thought I would try it this time. I would consider myself a professional 43y.o. and definately successful. I think the reason I haven't gone single more times other than being married and doing other vacations is that I wonder what the women feel about the single guys and how they react, I can't say that I am a player because thats laughable but sure I would like to meet some nice girl/lady and have an enjoyable week of sun and fun and doing some excursions together and what happens responsibly happens and what dosen't is fine too but I think it is just a hard thing to do for some people to meet and so call date in a short length of time without the guy feeling like he may be taking advantage of a lady. thats my 2 cents worth...maybe worth one cent..Craig

• 3 months later...
I would suggest that you check out the travel agencies that specialize in singles cruises (do a google search for "singles cruise" and you will find them). I've been on 5 singles cruises so far and had s next cruise a great time on each of them (BTW I'm a 41-year old single woman) -- lots of single, professional men. They're not usually booked on the luxury lines so you decide what's more important -- the men or the ship? :p

Christine

Even at 30 yrs old, I cruise all the time and cant find this type of man. They are either golddiggers, gay, married or just looking for sex. Buuutttt....I did find a roommate on http://www.travelchums.com for this next cruise who happens to be single and equally successful. Looking forward to at least saving $$$ and making a friend, while maintaining my freedom to meet others on board....worth a shot

I think your request is rather unrealistic. Most of the luxury line (Crystal, Seaborn, Silverseas, Cunard) are going to cater to retired single guys 70+. You should just book a single's group cruise. Most of them are on the mainstream upscale cruise lines like RCCL, Carnival & Princess. Although they might not be in the luxury category there should be plenty of guys in your age range who are professional types.

. You should just book a single's group cruise. Most of them are on the mainstream upscale cruise lines like RCCL, Carnival & Princess. Although they might not be in the luxury category there should be plenty of guys in your age range who are professional types.

I agree, there some single men on the mainstream lines. I know this because I am one of them. Sometimes I have been on longer cruises where the single men out number the single women (case in point, my last TA on the INDY this spring). That comment was made to me by married women in our large CC group. Even if you don't meet that single guy you are looking for there are plenty of nice couples to make friends with and have a good time. Over the years I have made a lot of great friends on cruises.

It would be great to meet Mister perfect on a cruise but I have to agree with some of the other posters. I have not seen very many single men on my past cruises, but I was married at the time and may have missed seeing them. I will be going on my first solo cruise next spring and I just plan on enjoying myself and make new friends and who knows maybe mister perfect could be one of them....I tend to agree with corey7, a week of sun and fun with a new found friend would be a wonderful vacation:D

If your goal in cruising is to meet "lots of single available professional successsful men, 38-50 year old", you probably need to re-think your vacation plans. You may be better off staying home and attend a Harvard alumni mixer. :D

Roz

Well, I do know of one cruise where there will be a single, available, professional, and successsful man... He is 49 and will be traveling solo, and he just happens to be VERY good looking ;)... He's not mister perfect, but pretty darn close... And he is not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that...If anyone happens to be on board the Serenade of the Seas sailing on Dec 12 you may run into him.

I may just have to think about changing my upcoming cruise or just book another in December on the Serenade of the Seas...MrBreeze sounds like a fun vacation companion!!!;)

There you go, see there are some single men on the mainstream lines. Best of luck to you meet some friends that last for many years as I have.

Im on the Freedom of the seas April 19th, and the Liberty Dec 13

Ben

Darn wrong ship right date....NCL Jewel....my pocketbook wasn't deep enought for me and 3 adult children on the Liberty...a nice dream though.

Well, I do know of one cruise where there will be a single, available, professional, and successsful man... He is 49 and will be traveling solo, and he just happens to be VERY good looking ;)... He's not mister perfect, but pretty darn close... And he is not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that...If anyone happens to be on board the Serenade of the Seas sailing on Dec 12 you may run into him.

Ok lets just say you ladies out there that are looking , you have been warned by this single, avaliable man! :D

I travel alone, and guess I may be the odd one but never thought of looking for someone on a cruise, maybe it is from watching too many meteors in the night!:cool:

Hey pom... I guess I let the cat out of the bag about my cruise, a warning to the ladies may not help ;)... Speaking of meteors, did you ladies know that the Geminid Meteor Shower will take place on December 13 - 14... They are described as; " The most reliable meteor shower of the year, the Geminids are characterized by their multi-colored display--65% being white, 26% yellow, and the remaining 9% blue, red and green ".... Sounds kind of romantic don't you think... TSUmom, what do you say?

Archived