Crazy Laundry Question

anonymousegirl

Could I get some of my laundry return wet?

I normally do not tumble dry my cotton clothes and I am worried that my maxi dresses will shrink! I'd much prefer to hang it to dry in the shower.

I'd wash it myself in sink but I couldn't hope to get all the soap and water out of it like a washing machine will.

I ask for my things to be hung dry and it is done, no problem. I separate them and put in a special note. I also have things I can not tumble dry. It is all very accommodating and well done. Have a great cruise. Susanne

• 1 month later...
You wash clothes (or have them washed) on a cruise? Does not sound like a vacation to me.

YES. Instead of putting dirty clothes in your suitcase you stuff them in a bag and they disappear to return all clean and ready to either wear or put away clean so you don't need to do laundry when you get home.

We usually do the cruise in the middle of a longer holiday, and it is wonderful to disembark with all clean clothes that have been washed FOR YOU. And, saves a ton of luggage.

You wash clothes (or have them washed) on a cruise? Does not sound like a vacation to me.

My first question is--don't you wash your bathing suit after wearing it?

My next comment is that it takes less than a minute to fill out the laundry slip and put the clothes in the bag each day. You'd waste far more time waiting for bags to come off the carousel at the airport and washing load after load of dirty laundry once you got home.

• 5 weeks later...

I hesitated to buy the unlimited laundry. My spouse bought it. It was wonderful. Since we had been traveling previous to the cruise, we sent out laundry immediately. It was washed and returned same day on hangers pressed. I sent out laundry everyday including the day before I disembarked. I packed my clean pressed laundry. The best part was when I got home. Instead of unpacking dirty clothes and spending hours washing, I unpacked and put my clean clothes away. I loved it. If you have any special instructions, write them on your slip. They read and follow your instructions. My only wish is that I had that kind of laundry service in my home.

• 2 weeks later...
My first question is--don't you wash your bathing suit after wearing it?

My next comment is that it takes less than a minute to fill out the laundry slip and put the clothes in the bag each day. You'd waste far more time waiting for bags to come off the carousel at the airport and washing load after load of dirty laundry once you got home.

Thanks so much for all the information on how you pack with only carryon luggage. We are having fun trying to do this also, and appreciate your expertise.