Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
- Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Princess Cruise Deals
- Write a Princess Cruise Review
- Find Your Princess Roll Call
See posts about:
Caribbean Princess
Diamond Princess
Island Princess
Royal Princess
Sun Princess

Coral Princess
Emerald Princess
Ocean Princess
Ruby Princess
Star Princess

Crown Princess
Golden Princess
Pacific Princess
Sapphire Princess

Dawn Princess
Grand Princess
Regal Princess
Sea Princess

Old January 10th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Princess's Makeup in the Clay Bottle-Have you used it?

When I was on the Star Princess in November 2004, I went to a make-up seminar at the Lotas spa and they demonstrated Princess's makeup that comes in a clay bottle and is used as foundation, blush, ...

Does anyone know what the makeup is called? Have you ever bought and used the makeup? If you did, what did you think?

Old January 10th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I used this several years ago and also saw it last summer on the Star when I went to the salon to have my hair done. The stylist offered to also do my makeup and brought out the same bottle. I don't remember where I got it and no longer have it and don't recall the name either. Sorry...

Old January 10th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrfamily
When I was on the Star Princess in November 2004, I went to a make-up seminar at the Lotas spa and they demonstrated Princess's makeup that comes in a clay bottle and is used as foundation, blush, ...

Does anyone know what the makeup is called? Have you ever bought and used the makeup? If you did, what did you think?
Yes, I've used it and loved it!. I think it is called California Glow??? The name is not printed on the clay bottle anywhere. I got mine Jan. 04 and still have 1/4 bottle left. I use it nearly everyday.
I plan on getting more on our March cruise.
To my knowledge, you can't get it anywhere but Princess. I had the package insert awhile back and tried to order it, but couldn't.
The secret to it is to turn your bottle upside down so that the makeup sticks to the cork lid, then run your sable brush over the lid for the perfect amount of makeup. Gives a very nice, natural looking glow about the skin. Just be careful to not use too much.
Star Princess March 2006 - Western Carribean
Golden Princess January 2004 - Eastern Carribean
SS Veracruz 1984- Mexico

Old January 10th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

It is called California Sun Glow by Steiner, however, I call it "Magic Powder"!! I am still using the jar I bought about a year and a half ago on the Grand, but my aunt just gave me a jar for Christmas. She said it was nearly impossible to find. Following a link on the box, I found it at timetospa.com

Tahitian Princess June 2005
Grand Princess April 2004
Celebrity Constellation March 2003
Disney Magic February 2002
Grand Princess March 2001
Sea Princess April 2000

Old January 10th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNay
It is called California Sun Glow by Steiner, however, I call it "Magic Powder"!! I am still using the jar I bought about a year and a half ago on the Grand, but my aunt just gave me a jar for Christmas. She said it was nearly impossible to find. Following a link on the box, I found it at timetospa.com
Thanks RNay! I threw out my box and couldn't find how to get more anywhere. I new 'California' and 'glow' were in it , but forgot the 'sun'
The stuff is great!
Star Princess March 2006 - Western Carribean
Golden Princess January 2004 - Eastern Carribean
SS Veracruz 1984- Mexico

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Cool Cruiser

Looks like Bare Minerals (BareEscentuals) Warm Radiance to me... QVC's website describes it as... "Revitalize your look with this skin sensation! bareMinerals Warm Radiance provides the appearance of radiant, sun-kissed skin. With a hint of golden color, it imparts a soft luminosity you'll love to wear every day. Mix it with other bareMinerals items to enhance your skin's natural glow."

Net weight 0.03 oz.
Made in USA

Royal Caribbean Viking Serenade 6/99
Carnival Ecstasy 11/01
Carnival Ecstasy 12/03
Grand Princess 01/06

Old January 10th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Bare Minerals for me!

I "discovered" Bare Minerals about a year ago, and that's all I use now. I just did get my hair done on Golden and the stylist put on the California Sun stuff from the pot. I bought the pot on the Star a few years ago, after going to one of the spa's seminars, and used it a lot, but then went back to more normal makeup when most of it was gone. Now I'm a Bare Minerals gal (I love the way it helps me hide flaws in my 60-year-old skin).
6/2002 RCCL Splendour of the Seas, W Med
3/2002 Star Princess, Mexican Riviera
12/2000 RCCL Nordin Empress, E Caribbean
7/2000 NCL Majesty, Bermuda
6/2000 Regal Princess, Alaska
3/2000 Carnival Celebration, W. Caribbean
7/1997 Royal Majesty, Bermuda
6/1974 Costa Flavia, Bahamas

Old January 10th, 2006, 11:00 AM
5,000+ Club

I bought it on one of my Carnival cruises (from Steiner's Spa) and the clay pot broke on the way home. What little use I did get out of it I liked.

Wine Crawler

Old January 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default from Renee

I use it and I love it! I too tried to find a way to buy it at homet but had no luck even searching the web.
Thank you for the tip to look @ timetospa.com
Does anyone really know if Bare Minerals is the same thing?
How about costs vs. buying onboard Princess? Princess was pricey if I remember correctly (I bought 3 years ago on the Star)
I was going to purchase for my daughter on my next cruise but will check out the on-line prices. Thanks again.........

Old January 10th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you to everyone for the information. I am taking a cruise in March and was trying to remember what the makeup was called because I am thinking of buying some. I think I will definitely have to look at it again on this trip.

Old January 10th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default hehe

I was thinking I have like 10 different versions/colors of that with my Bare Minerals all-over face colors. The California Sun looks closest to Warmth. If anyone wants to try Bare Minerals you get the best prices/sets off qvc.

Old January 10th, 2006, 11:23 PM
10,000+ Club

I've been using Bare Minerals for a couple of years and I just love it. So quick and easy. It is the most natural looking make-up I have ever used. Cannot even tell you have it on except it looks so nice.

Old January 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

I totally agree! Bare Minerals is great stuff. I just love it

Old January 11th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default from Renee

I just went to timetospa.com -------- You will get $15 off your first order when you sign up and register
A no brainer!

Can anyone tell me (before I order) if there is a big difference in the Steiner Clay Pot California Glow @$35 vs. bareMinerals Warm Radiance @$18 ?? (I mean in the product never mind the clay pot and cork - I can always refil the pot with the bareMinerals - )

I don't remember what I paid on the ship?

Anyone??

Thanks - Renee

Old January 11th, 2006, 10:49 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottoCruise
I just went to timetospa.com -------- You will get $15 off your first order when you sign up and register
A no brainer!

Can anyone tell me (before I order) if there is a big difference in the Steiner Clay Pot California Glow @$35 vs. bareMinerals Warm Radiance @$18 ?? (I mean in the product never mind the clay pot and cork - I can always refil the pot with the bareMinerals - )

I don't remember what I paid on the ship?

Anyone??

Thanks - Renee
Thanks for the info on the $15 savings, Renee. I went to the site and ordered some so I can compare with bare minerals. For $20 it is worth it to give it a try.

Good idea about refilling the clay pot with the bare minerals. We have a Bare Minerals outlet very close to where I live, so I do save on the shipping. Also there is a website at www.faceetc.com that also carries it and I think if you order $45 worth of product, the shipping is free. That's a much better deal than ordering directly through the Bare Minerals website.

Old January 12th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Bare Minerals kits on QVC

I started using Bare Minerals after ordering a kit from QVC. I'm sold on Bare Minerals... don't get me wrong. But, I found that there were things in the kits that I didn't use very much. Other products, I'll use everyday. When I ordered my kit, it was on a regular mailing of refills every 8-10 weeks. I had to cancel that feature right away.

I prefer buying individual pieces rather than a kit. If you are a first-timer though, a kit is a great way to get a number of products. Then you can decide which ones you will use often and then keep re-ordering those. You can get them from sephora.com now. I'm not close to either Sephora or Bare Minerals so I sometimes order on line. If I'm anywhere near a store, I'll try to buy those products that I run out of more quickly.

Is Bare Minerals the "same" as the clay pot? I don't think they are exactly the same. The clay pot seems more intense to me, and you have to be very careful about using too much. I have not found that to be the case with the Bare Minerals bronzer product.
6/2002 RCCL Splendour of the Seas, W Med
3/2002 Star Princess, Mexican Riviera
12/2000 RCCL Nordin Empress, E Caribbean
7/2000 NCL Majesty, Bermuda
6/2000 Regal Princess, Alaska
3/2000 Carnival Celebration, W. Caribbean
7/1997 Royal Majesty, Bermuda
6/1974 Costa Flavia, Bahamas

Old January 12th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

The bronzer that Steiners sells on many ships is "softer" that its equivilant BE product which is called Warmth. I have used both and prefer the Steiner product but there are even better to be had. Go to your local department store and test them all out.

Old January 12th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Cool Cruiser

[quote]I've used both and prefer BareEscentuals. It looks more natural, it is made from crushed minerals. It was also recommended to me at a dermotologists office. There is a new product developed by the same person called ColoreScience micronized mineral makeup. There is an entire line of makeup, the webiste is www.colorescience.com. It has SPF 20, comes in a cylinder with a brush on the end. No dipping in the makeup on tapping off. I actually haven't bought it yet, but the used it on me at the doctor's office. I love the whole concept. I think Steiner is on all the major cruise lines so you can buy the bronzer almost on any cruise. It has been around for years.