Mayan Princess Resort Questions

tomcatguy74

Hello,

We are going to be in Roatan Is. on April 11th on the Carnival Legend.

I was reading some stuff on the Mayan Princess Resort and that you can pay them $10 to use their facilities but you may have trouble getting through the secuirty gate. Should I call or email there first and try to make a reservation?

Also, how much will it cost us to get from the ship to the beach and back? There will be 4 of us, myself, my wife and 2 boys ages 5 and 9.

There is no excursion from the ship to there that I know of.

Thanks

Robert and Melissa

We ( 2 of us) paid $10 each round trip. We ended up sharing a taxi with another couple who also paid $10 each. I guess the lesson is to negotiate and agree on the price before you get in the cab.

Our driver was very nice. He took the long way to the resort through Coxen Hole and showed us a little of the island. The roads are an adventure in themselves because the hills are fairly steep. I think a good business there would be brake and transmission repair. On the way back, he took us on a different route along the water which was much faster. We asked if we could stop and buy some drinks and he took us to a small convenience store run by Americans where the stuff we bought was very comparable in price to what we would pay here- very interesting to check out a grocery store in another country. We made arrangements with the driver to pick us up at a certain time. I think he spent most of the intervening hours simply waiting for us.

There are dozens of cabs that will be lined up waiting at the end of the ship pier. You'll have no problem getting one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How far/long is the cab ride from the ship dock to the Mayan Princess?

Assume anywhere from 20-30 minutes from the time you get off the boat to the time you get there. This all depends on how long it takes to navigate the taxi line of negotiation, and if your driver stops at the scenic spots for pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me what the facilities are like? How about the water and snorkelling?

Thanks,

The facilities at Mayan Princess? Absolutely awesome, and they should be since you're paying $10 per person. The snorkelling isn't good in front of the resort but if you walk down the beach I hear its pretty good.

The water and beach is tops! Check out my earlier post in this thread which has the review and pics.

Enjoy!!

Archived