Time in Roatan?

twopugs

Stupid quesiton but I am confusing myself....

I looked up the time in Roatan and it appears that they are two hours behind us (Eastern Time Zone)

We will be on the Carnival Legend. States that it arrives in Roatan at 8am and departs at 3pm. Is this ships time? So we really arrive at 6am and leave at 1pm? I noticed sunrise is at 5:40am and I would assume we have to be back on the ship around noon. I guess this really limits what you can do.

I used the Search this Forum feature and found the following "oldie but goodie" threads that may be helpful:

Time in Roatan at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=674580

roatan time at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=634321

what time is it? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=444907

I sincerely hope this will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

All right TwoPugs you have asked the question....so when you get back from your cruise PLEASE post the answer. I didn't even realize (untill I read your post) that we would have to wait an hour/hour and a half to disembark....this may change my plans. So..please, please, please...let us know what time the ship was cleared to disembark at Roatan...and have a great time on your cruise...Roatan is a beautiful port!:p

thanks a bunch

Denise

We were just in Roatan on the Carnival Valor 1 week ago. Roatan is 2 hours behind ship time and all times for arrival and departure is on ship time. So if arrival is 8:00am that is ship time and it is 6:00am Roatan. If departure is 3:00pm that is ship time and it is 1:00pm Roatan time. It was not something we realized for all of our ports and it does effect excursions. If you booked through an independent verify start times if they are local or ship time.

We were on the Legend last week.....hooked up with Diana & Cynthia for our tour......the ship was docked by 8am "ships time" (we were the only ship in port and we were docked). I really like being docked vice tendering!

We left at 3pm ships time. I don't even know what time it was in Roatan. Diana and Cynthia tours were waiting for us.....everything was done according to SHIPS time. It didn't matter what time it was in Roatan since we had a private tour guide for the day and SHE knew exactly what time we needed to be everywhere....including what time we needed to be back on the ship.

As long as you keep your watch on ships time all the time....you can't mess up.

Contact Diana and Cynthia if you want a great guide for the day.

Judy

Archived