Ice cream in MDR

Of course, whether on the menu or not, Ice cream is always available. However, you may ask for a single scoop, but you will probably get two or three with some type of cookie sticking out. With the MDR, its all in the presentation from soup to nuts. :)

My DH eats ice crean every night. [vanilla] LOL There is no problem. Also if he wants to try a little of a dessert--he orders it with a scoop of vanila ice cream.

Others flavors are available, too. There are a couple of ice creams always available, a couple of rotating flavors and a rotating flavor of sherbert available. the waiter will list these for you.

That's what I have for dessert every night when on a cruise. It goes down so easily after a big meal.

On the children's menu, there is a brownie bottom sundae (I forget the exact name), but we've ordered that quite often too, when the regular desserts were not so appealing.

Both are "free" (included in the cruise fare)

Sometimes I am too full to eat cakes for dessert. Can we ask for a simple scoop of ice cream as dessert in MDR? Is it free or for a fee?

Thank you.

one cruise our table mate had a standing order for a dish of chocolate ice cream. there will always be the usual suspects plus each day a different flavor of sherbet and ice cream.

Coffee, pistachio , butter pecan are usually

specials of the night.

As others have said vanilla chocolate (strawberry if you ask)

And sherbets are available !

I generally eat ice cream.

Don't forget, other than B&J that you pay for, there's also soft ice cream or frozen yogurt served during the day. It used to be self served, but on this past Feb. AOS cruise there was a crew member filling the cone(s) and he was cheap with the amounts. He was getting it form the PAX.:D:D

My DH usually gets strawberry and I like to get their butter almond whenever they have it. Don't usually find that combo~most places have butter pecan.:D

I used to like the butter almond too. On our last few cruises, they haven't offered that. In fact, one cruise we did, they only had vanilla and I think butter pecan all week! I was disappointed that week. I am used to them offering something different every night along with the always available vanilla.

But now that they have the chocolate sensation...I get that almost every night. It comes with vanilla ice cream on the plate. One night I switched to chocolate icecream with it.

Sherbet? Really? Not sorbet? I don't think I've seen sherbet on a menu in 20 years.

The waiters always say ....and the sherbet tonight is orange, raspberry, rainbow or whatever. Actually, most of them call it sherBERT. :D

Also about the ice cream...my DH sometimes asks for chocolate sauce and whipped cream and they almost always oblige...just FYI !!! Enjoy your ice cream and your cruise! :)

Archived