Shanghai dock

alibabacruisers

http://www.tour-beijing.com/transportation/shanghai_port_transfer.php

You can expect QE to berth at Wusongkou.

The Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, in the city center, is out of the question for QE.

I am not aware of a Shanghai cruise calender, per se, which shows what ships are expected at what terminals on what date.

Edited by stowaway2k

• 2 weeks later...

Last year when we were there overnight, one of the Cunard "Queens" was docked miles out of town as she was too big to sail to the centre. They were running a shuttle bus to a point at the end of the Bund, the same location where our HAL ship and the Oceania ship docked behind us were also running shuttles. Pax had to be careful with three different ships shuttles there.

The "Queen" pax were disappointed as they had a fairly long transfer time into the city, but I cannot remember how long so would not like to disappoint you by giving wrong info. When they saw the other two ships in prime position only moments from the Bund and with fabulous views across the river they were even more disappointed with their docking point. For the evening light show our positions at the new cruise terminal were just perfect and the shuttles were not really needed as the distance could be walked in approx 15 minutes.

http://www.tour-beijing.com/transportation/shanghai_port_transfer.php

You can expect QE to berth at Wusongkou.

The Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, in the city center, is out of the question for QE.

I am not aware of a Shanghai cruise calender, per se, which shows what ships are expected at what terminals on what date.

Thanks for the info. I know last year on QM2 we docked at Wusongkou but thought maybe since QE was a bit smaller maybe we would be closer, but I guess not. Thanks also for that link to the map...very helpful.

Last year when we were there overnight, one of the Cunard "Queens" was docked miles out of town as she was too big to sail to the centre. They were running a shuttle bus to a point at the end of the Bund, the same location where our HAL ship and the Oceania ship docked behind us were also running shuttles. Pax had to be careful with three different ships shuttles there.

The "Queen" pax were disappointed as they had a fairly long transfer time into the city, but I cannot remember how long so would not like to disappoint you by giving wrong info. When they saw the other two ships in prime position only moments from the Bund and with fabulous views across the river they were even more disappointed with their docking point. For the evening light show our positions at the new cruise terminal were just perfect and the shuttles were not really needed as the distance could be walked in approx 15 minutes.

As I was saying to the OP, we were on QM2 last year and we were docked way out there...at Wusongkou. We had a tour so took that tour bus into Shanghai and it did take a while to get to the city center. I was kind of glad, because when you look at maps in travel books and on the net you think it will be a breeze to get there...but boy was there a lot of traffic! That would have been awesome to see the evening light shows from your vantage point.

Thanks for the info. I know last year on QM2 we docked at Wusongkou but thought maybe since QE was a bit smaller maybe we would be closer, but I guess not. Thanks also for that link to the map...very helpful.

Ships greater than 70k tons cannot navigate the Huangpu River. Even QE2 couldn't do it and that was before a proper terminal had been built out there.

Have a good time in Shanghai :)