Noticing some price reduction to Europe today...

pbnjrockette

I just checked my flights to BCN for next spring on AA and low and behold mine have gone up about $300. Glad I locked mine in at about $2700, up to a tad over $3000 now. (still about $4000 LESS than what United wants for the same trip though. :eek: )

I just checked my flights to BCN for next spring on AA and low and behold mine have gone up about $300. Glad I locked mine in at about $2700, up to a tad over $3000 now. (still about $4000 LESS than what United wants for the same trip though. :eek: )

Did you mean 4,000 or 400 less. 4,000 seems like a large difference. :)

Keith

Did you mean 4,000 or 400 less. 4,000 seems like a large difference. :)

Keith

The flight on AA (which i am taking is $400 more now . The flight (via EWR instead of PHL and CLT) on UA is $4000 more than I paid. (They want close to $7000 for a RT to BCN riding up front, where as AA is only around $3000)

This is in business class, not coach.

Edited by TruckerDave

Wow, a 4,000 price difference. Thanks for answering my question.

Keith

I just checked Delta for laughs...They are around $3500 RT as well. So United is way out of line with the other two. (I didn't check with any of the Euro airlines as I just picked ones that fly in/out of CHS)

Are you flying CHS-BCN? That's an expensive routing on UA. It is significantly lower if you fly out of CLT.

Edited by 6rugrats

The flight on AA (which i am taking is $400 more now . The flight (via EWR instead of PHL and CLT) on UA is $4000 more than I paid. (They want close to $7000 for a RT to BCN riding up front, where as AA is only around $3000)

This is in business class, not coach.

Posts like yours really remind me of my great appreciation of my nonrev livelong benefit. I've enjoyed several first class flights to Europe etc.

Are you flying CHS-BCN? That's an expensive routing on UA. It is significantly lower if you fly out of CLT.

That is the problem. There is no CLT to BCN flight. The plane goes form PHL to BCN then back to CLT. ( I could have gone via MIA but I wanted the lie flat seats, I hate doing red eyes in seats that don't lie flat.) I wish I could go direct form CLT to BCN, i would have just driven to CLT (no big deal as I do that commute to work each month anyway) and hopped the direct flight.

Sometimes biz fares vary drastically from one airline to the next. Usually more so than coach, although this particular variance does seem extreme.:eek:

I was shocked at how much the difference is/was. On the positive side, the fare doesn't seem to move much up or down once published.. I have also seen the other way also. I went to Santo Domingo last year (when I lived in Houston)...going in first with UA (via Newark) was only $150 more than coach on AA (via Miami)......needless to say I went through EWR. :eek:

I have also seen Premium Econ on a BA flight priced twice as much when booked on the AA site than it was on the BA site.

I don't even try to understand anymore. I just keep the airlines websites I use bookmarked and check all the prices and I can usually find a decent price point. (though I do try to keep on the Oneworld carriers as much as possible)

Edited by TruckerDave