Gem sideways cabin 8066 ??

gamblinmon

Our favorite cabin. It is sideways and it seems as if you have more room because you walk right in the cabin and the bed is up your right up agst the far wall. Your obstructed view is not that obstructed because your window is right in the center of the life boat door so you can see all the way out. During the day, if you are changing make sure you close the drapes because there are crew member walking the catwalk.

Also, the only thing next the cabin is the steward's closet so no noisy neighbors.

The other benefit is the availability of the Blue Lagoon. Just walk through corridor and you are there. Great for a breakfast and before you go to bedtime snack.

Thanks for the info...because we act like we're 20 (wish we were) and stay up late we were wondering if being near the stewards closet if we would hear alot

of noise early in the morning.....Any experience with that?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I second all those who are stating the positives of the sideways cabins. We stayed in a similar one on Gem but rather than the steward's closet, ours backed up to the stairs across from the elevators. I was worried about noise from that but never heard a thing.

One of the reasons I think they seem larger, is by having the corridor door away from the bathroom and closet, you don't end up with all those doors banging together. If you want a REALLY spacious cabin, have the two beds pushed together and up against the far wall....wouldn't work for DH and I (too many nighttime trips to the bath) but it might for you.

I second all those who are stating the positives of the sideways cabins. We stayed in a similar one on Gem but rather than the steward's closet, ours backed up to the stairs across from the elevators. I was worried about noise from that but never heard a thing.

One of the reasons I think they seem larger, is by having the corridor door away from the bathroom and closet, you don't end up with all those doors banging together. If you want a REALLY spacious cabin, have the two beds pushed together and up against the far wall....wouldn't work for DH and I (too many nighttime trips to the bath) but it might for you.

Which cabin was that on the Gem? I think that might be similar to the one I've been looking at, backing up to the stairs across from the elevators on Deck 9.

I was concerned about that location being a little noisy with foot traffic and people talking at all hours.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]397797[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

This was 8051 as i recall from looking at the deck plan. It was quiet and we had no issues.

I'm looking at 2 on Deck 9 which are closer to the stairs/elevators but still appear to be around the corner. I am concerned about the foot traffic and noise but like that they are sideways cabins and off by themselves.

Nobody seems to have any info and there are no reviews of these, which kind of concerns me. They are 9151 and 9651.

1739440065_Deck9(3).jpg.c5044cb09b85d046373176fe8b238f69.jpg

Edited by Upper Deck Dad

• 2 months later...
[ATTACH][ATTACH]397797[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Nobody seems to have any info and there are no reviews of these, which kind of concerns me. They are 9151 and 9651.

Not sure when you are cruising but I just booked 9151 today for the Pearl's 12/30-1/7 cruise. Let me know if you sail before me what you think, and I will do the same for you!

• 1 year later...

Just off the Gem in this cabin and would never do it again. Noisy. Creaks all night long in rocky water so loud it sounds like banging on the walls. Smaller than other out-sides and hard to maneuver two people getting dressed - bathroom is in the way of the closet.

I was in 9123 last year. We heard what we could only assume were pots banging at all hours, we realized we were probably above O'sheehans galley. Thankfully there was another inside cabin available. We were able to relocate. The cabin was bigger, but not worth the sleepless nights.