SeaDream I Mar 20-29, 2014

rickandpat

I certainly have enjoyed all the reviews everyone else has posted, so if anything I can add after our wonderful South Caribbean can help someone, great.

Itinerary: Roundtrip out of Barbados, including Isle de Saints (Guadelupe), Dominica, Martinique, St. Lucia, Bequia, Canouan, Grenada, Mayreau.

Weather: Wonderful - very warm, breezy, couple drops of rain the last day (resulting in a rainbow), and rain as we disembarked. Rough seas getting back to Barbados, rest of time pretty smooth, traveling mostly at night, so we were rocked to sleep.

Guests: 105, many countries represented, aged 30s/40s to 80s. 70% were returnees. We met some wonderful people, including Carosal from this forum.

Crew: I'm terrible with names, but recognized several from our previous cruise, and enjoyed them all including many new faces. Everyone one of them worked hard with a genuine smile, could not ask for a better crew. Found this time that they were even more accommodating than last time. The first night I told Enis how sad I'd been last time when I was only able to get the chocolate fondant on one night, and he had it available for me any night we were in the grand salon for dinner. (He explained logistically why they couldn't do it when we dined topside.) We challenged Gareth to keep up busy, and he and Josh did a great job.

Activities: We especially enjoyed the river tubing in Dominica and the hike to the Seven Sisters falls on Grenada (which was a challenging hike). Rick got in a few dives, we swam,snorkeled, hiked, kayaked and biked with groups and independently - all good. Well, except when Rick took a bike out on St. Lucia and got pushed over by a van (I told him there was too much traffic on that island for biking!) I'll say it again, Gareth and Josh worked overtime to keep us all happy, with great results.

Food: Amazing! Wine, Rick happily drank a few glasses of whatever Frank offered, it was fine for him.

Overall: Outstanding! We will be back, everyone we were hanging with signed up for another cruise or at least an open booking.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pat

Thanks for a very nice review! I certainly am glad to hear that all was well after some the the reviews earlier this year. I'm looking forward to being on board in late August. Starting to count the days!

Hi Pat. Thanks for the review. Glad you had a great trip. Sounds like most of the crew on board in Costa Rica with us was back on board. They are great. We looked at this itinerary but chose Costa Rica. In hindsight, I wish we had been on board with Yall. Costa Rica was, I guess, not what we were expecting though the onboard experience was great. Also, it is good to hear that the engine is repaired successfully. Now maybe we can all get back to complaining about kids on board.:eek::D:D

Yes we did meet Rick and Pat, they lived real near by us here in Michigan. Real actitive couple , me give me the pool deck chair.

When my wife gets time she can comment on al the nice stops we had, it was excellent for us, so many new stops.

the crew was excellent as ever Doramus,Brian,Mikkee,Manual..........list could go on forever

As far as engine, I went out and looked at screws and sure looked like 2 swirling motions for me, can tell you a couple of night, Bjorn had the SDII cranked up full bore. The last night back to Barbado's was longest haul and he had it cruising fine

Ship was packed with great people . Food was great, never had a empty drink

Can't wait for the next SD cruise

Watch for our adventres coming to this review board